Dripping shower when off

Old 02-08-19, 07:06 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dripping shower when off

I have Moen shower equipment. It's the one with a single knob that turns one way or the other to control the temperature of the water. I believe it has a Moen 1222 cartridge in it. The shower drips sometimes when the water is not even on the in the shower. In fact, if it is not dripping, running the water, even in another bathroom, will cause it to start dripping, even if the shower has not been used in a while. Do you think the cartridge needs to be replaced or is this caused by something else. I'm a little alarmed that running the water in another room will cause it to start dripping.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-19, 07:15 AM
Received 56 Votes on 51 Posts
Sounds like a cartridge to me. As far as other locations affecting it, probably just a matter of pressure fluctuation. You can buy one today at your local big box or hardware, but doesn't sound like an emergency so contact Moen and you'll have a no charge one within a few days.

Old 02-08-19, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aka Pedro
Sounds like a cartridge to me. As far as other locations affecting it, probably just a matter of pressure fluctuation. You can buy one today at your local big box or hardware, but doesn't sound like an emergency so contact Moen and you'll have a no charge one within a few days.
Thanks for the tip. I'll call Moen. No, it's not urgent. I've lived with it for a while, finally decided to do something about it.