Will MOEN honor the warranty?

Old 05-19-19, 05:06 AM
Received 61 Votes on 57 Posts
Question Will MOEN honor the warranty?

I might be disappointed with MOEN lifetime warranty. It's been awhile since I've had to invoke it. This weekend my son's model 7065 faucet broke. The cheap quick connectors on part 114307 (never liked those type of connectors) broke off. Since his stroke 2 years ago, he can't do the repair like he use to be able to.

Yesterday being Saturday, I tried to call MOEN. Closed for the weekend. Even though the web site says Saturday hours. Tried the web site and all I could due is use the "help" email to tell them I needed a new part.

I then decided to look at their lifetime warranty. When did this change or was it always like this?

"Moen warrants to the original consumer purchaser for as long as the original consumer purchaser owns their home (the "Warranty Period" for homeowners), that this faucet will be leak- and drip-free during normal use and all parts and finishes of this faucet will be free from defects in material and manufacturing workmanship....

Proof of purchase (original sales receipt) from the original consumer purchaser must accompany all warranty claims."

I can buy the replacement part from several third party vendors including HD and Faucetdepot and Amazon among many others (cost range from $13 to about $25). Downside all must ship, no stock on the shelf at local level.

So the kid is left without water for the weekend and most of the coming week. My concern is, will they honor the warranty? No we do not have a receipt. No we do not have an exact date of purchase. Yes, he is the original owner, but how can you prove it. Not sure if registered when purchased.

I'll keep you posted on the reply from MOEN.

What bothers me is that I tout to customers that MOEN is very good about warranty replacement and no need to have a receipt.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-19, 08:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
I have never needed any paper work just the model#. Haven't called in years but always helpful.

Old 05-19-19, 08:49 AM
Group Moderator
Received 339 Votes on 317 Posts
Based on my experiences dealing with Moen and Delta and with what members have written here....
a receipt was not required for warranty parts replacement.

Old 05-19-19, 09:46 AM
Follow up!

Just a few minutes ago I received an e-mail from MOEN asking if my interaction with Patricia was positive or not. I wrote back indicating I had no interaction with anybody and proceeded to explain my dissatisfaction about their warranty and lack of availability on Saturday.

As I send the feed back I get another e-mail indicating that my part is covered under warranty will be sent at no charge. But the part number is different. I'm assuming the "kit" is interchangeable with the original part number.

So now I feel bad about giving them grief. Will need to make amends after part arrives.

Old 05-19-19, 09:57 AM
Received 22 Votes on 17 Posts
That looks like the warranty I remember and I never had a problem when I needed a cartridge from Moen under warranty, but as I recall, when I gave them my name and address along with the faucet model number they had records of past parts orders and dates of installation. I assume I must have sent in the product registrations way back when. The only real issue I ever had was when I needed replacement pop-up drain parts, I felt like they raped me on price.

Old 05-19-19, 09:57 AM
Follow up to the follow up.

Apparently Patricia works on Sunday. As I wrote the previous post, I get another e-mail from Patricia that the part is on order and will be sent 2nd day air.

I scrambled to send an apology note indicating I was sorry and to disregard my post about warranty service.

Old 05-19-19, 03:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 43 Posts
We use Moen in our units simply because their warranty has been so good over the years. For us, items come from Menards and we take them back to Menards so we don't actually deal with Moen directly but they have to be standing behind it for Menards to be so accommodating.

Old 05-19-19, 05:15 PM
Our store does the same where cartridges are concerned.