button diverter issues

Old 06-01-19, 09:26 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question button diverter issues

i bought 2 Teago shower heads (for a double head shower - no tub). One side also has a handheld. I was sold the matching push button diverters for both heads (even though only one shower head also has a handheld requiring a diverter - the other is just a shower head).

The diverter with the handheld and shower head works fine. We'll call this the secondary head because it sequenctially is connected to the main head second in line.

The one with just the shower head (main) has the following issues;

- the button sticks and sometimes you cannot push it in without slamming your palm against it repeatedly. It doesn't move at all- it's stuck in the out (or off) position.
-when the button does work, it stays on for a variable amount of time (sometimes a could of seconds, sometimes 10mins) and then spontaneously turns off (the water pressure appears to be the same as the side of the shower that does work).

Any thoughts to fixing this? The other one works just fine. Is there any such thing as a fautly diverter? I really could not replace it easily as the tile is very thick and tiled quite close to the diverter.
I have removed the faceplace - nothing special to see. The only thing I could do is try to remove the puch button and see how it works?
Ugh

Old 06-17-19, 04:35 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 278 Upvotes on 254 Posts
Yes a bad diverter is not out of the quesiton.

Many plumbers will just remove and replace. It's a lot of labor (equals a high cost) to take the diverter or whatever apart and figure out what is wrong with it inside. Perhaps some mortar got inside during the wall tiling. Perhaps a small pebble came up the water pipe and lodged in it.

It is not a good idea to slam your palm against it. You could break the tile wall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: