Framing Around Drainage Pipe

Old 07-07-19, 12:42 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Framing Around Drainage Pipe

hi
looking for suggestion how to to frame the back side of the hole when there is a pipe in the way?
also what are my options for the wye?

Attached Images   
Old 07-07-19, 12:45 PM
B
another shot of the pipe in the way of opening

Attached Images  
Old 07-07-19, 02:04 PM
Received 1,052 Likes on 954 Posts
I will let others respond regarding the original question, what caught my attention was the foam around all the framing up against the block wall.

Have never seen that as generally the walls are built away from the foundation so that future insulation is not in contact.

Curious of intent?

Old 07-08-19, 05:18 AM
B
the foam located behind the framing is located in a basement against the house foundation, the intent was to not allow the framing to be in contact with the foundation it self, so its a barrier. the expanding foam to prevent air leakage between the framing and the foam

Old 07-08-19, 06:19 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,521 Posts
What are you trying to do? You only asked how to do the framing, but framing for what? Are you trying to install framing so you have something to screw subflooring to or are you trying to cut out framing and install a toilet flange?

You also asked about options for the wye. What are you trying to do?

Old 07-08-19, 06:52 AM
B
looking at the top view near the dry wall,
how would i frame that part since the wye is preventing me from running 2x12 along side it? does that section need to be framed out? a toilet will be installed where that notched out wood is, it will be a dedicated line.
*looking at the joist that is notched out, i already framed that out since nothing was in my way
yes i am looking to screw something to the subfloor in that area, if its needed at all

as far as options with the wye, the wye section is no longer needed since i will be running a dedicated line for the new toilet, i would like to know depending on how it should be framed out what to do with the wye
*should i cut it flush with the wye and put a clean out
*should i cut it out and just cap it
*should i heat it with a heat gun to remove that 3in pipe and then put a proper fitting in?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: