switch Moen Roman tub handle for Delta handle

Old 07-21-19, 12:01 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
switch Moen Roman tub handle for Delta handle

Hi,

i have a Moen Roman tub and I would like to switch the facet handes to match the Delta handles that are on my sinks.

The sinks have a Delta RP71501 Zella handle. The problem is the Moen stem extension does not fit the Delta handle. The Delta handle wants a stem that is flat on one side and the rest of the stem is rounded. The Moen stem extension is flat on three sides with a semi rounded shape on the fourth. Attaching pics.

Is the a stem extension like the current extension that would work with my Delta handles.

Thanks

Attached Images     
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-19, 12:07 PM
Received 41 Votes on 41 Posts
No I don't believe it's possible. That is also a matter of the lifetime warranty. If you swapped parts you void any warranty.

Old 07-21-19, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi Norm,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I really do not care about the warranty, just want handles to match on all the facets.

Do you know a company that sells stem extensions for Delta?

Thanks again!

Old 07-21-19, 03:51 PM
Received 41 Votes on 41 Posts
No. Again that would void warranty and no company is going to do that, Nor is there a market for type of thing. However, there are universal handle sets that can be bought from your local home improvement store. About the only thing that you can do is find a person with a 3D printer to make one.

Old 07-21-19, 04:02 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Some other options that will void the warranty:

1. You could cut away enough material so you can fit the stem extender into the handle, and drill a hole through the stem extender. Then get a longer set screw and have the set screw going through the extender rather than just set against it.

2. If you want to make a project of it, you could get out your files and epoxy and modify the end to fit by building it up with epoxy and filing it down where there is too much material.

3. If you really want to just go all out and don't mind tossing the whole fixture later on, you could just epoxy the handle on to the stem extension.

It would probably be less of a headache to just swap out the fixture for the delta.

Last edited by Tratts; 07-21-19 at 04:08 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 07-21-19, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Sry I dont believe you will find a solution.

Those zella delta I believe is a homestore collection as all they have is that one faucet..

I would of stuck with moen, but thats just my opinion..

If I was changing the faucets in my bath I would find a collection with a roman tub facet also and change them all.

If you find an adapter let us know.. Im a plumber 30 years and have yet to find any adapters except for universal handles..

good luck.