Unlevel closet flange

Old 08-08-19, 12:19 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unlevel closet flange

I recently removed an old toilet and am preparing to install a new one. It appears the closet flange is out of level by approx 3/8 inch. Not sure how original toilet was installed but it didnít appear to leaking. How important is it for the closet flange to be level and if so how would I correct my situation. Also what is the proper height for the closet flange to be in relation to existing floor?

Old 08-08-19, 12:25 PM
N
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
By any chance, if you apply a little pressure to the high side of the flange, does it drop down (to level or close to)?
I had a toilet I removed in the house I'm working on where the person that installed it had the angles off and used the weight of the toilet to push the pipe down.
As for proper height, I have some that where flush with the tile floor, and some that sat on top.
I prefer flush with the flooring surface to prevent toilet movement.

Old 08-08-19, 12:40 PM
M
That flange is not budging. It is locked in to concrete on a basement floor. How would I correct that amount of unlevelness and is it important to be completely level since the toilet itself will be resting essentially on the floor which is level.

Old 08-08-19, 12:56 PM
N
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
That flange is not budging. It is locked in to concrete on a basement floor. How would I correct that amount of unlevelness and is it important to be completely level since the toilet itself will be resting essentially on the floor which is level.
Just to confirm, 3/8" is the difference from the low to high side... what is the measurement from the finished floor to the top of the high side? I have seen the wax ring compensate for a fair gap.

Old 08-08-19, 01:19 PM
M
I actually have a set rite extension kit that I am working with. I can actually make the high side any height I want in relation to the floor with the kit. So I can actually make the high side even with the floor (or maybe a 1/4 inch higher than the floor) if you think the wax ring can compensate on the other side.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: