Moen kitchen faucet with pull down hose

Old 08-31-19, 11:54 AM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Moen kitchen faucet with pull down hose

I have a Moen kitchen faucet with a pull down hose, roughly 8 years old. The hose is leaking, so got the new replacement hose which matched perfectly. The issue is, when trying to insert the new hose, it only goes into the faucet about 4-5" then something blocks it. As a test, I tried to reinsert the old hose and it gets blocked in the same location. Any thoughts???

Only item I didn't follow in the instructional video is, I removed the small protective cap on the end of the hose before trying to insert it. Course I threw the cap away a few days earlier. .

Old 08-31-19, 04:48 PM
V
Added a photo with the hose outside of the faucet, illustrating how far it goes in before getting blocked. It gets blocked right where the faucet swivels. Hard to imagine the protective cap that I tossed would make a difference with the hose insertion. Any thoughts would be appreciated. My other option is to replace the entire faucet. .

Attached Images  

Last edited by VinnyL; 08-31-19 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-31-19, 05:33 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
There may be a sharp lip where the faucet spout meets the body and is catching the hose. You can try wrapping the end of the hose in a bit of tape to help it slide around any obstructions. You can also have a helper working from below insert a bamboo skewer or coat hanger up into the hole in the faucet body from below to help guide the hose through.

Old 08-31-19, 06:41 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
For the benefit of others reading this
As I PM'd you, look for a counter weight that you may or may not have. It will limit how far you can pull it out and aid in retraction. If it's missing you'll have what you are experiencing now.

Old 09-01-19, 01:55 PM
V
Thanks guys. Since I had thrown the cap away days earlier, I put tape on the end / shaped it it like a cone. With a little effort, the hose fed through the area where it previously got hung up. Good to go!

Old 09-01-19, 02:04 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
So that tells me the counter weight is missing. I would call MOEN and ask for a new one. And explain that you unknowingly threw it out because it was not clearly marked. I'm betting they will help you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: