Dishwasher insulation

Old 11-17-19, 03:48 PM
Received 725 Upvotes on 641 Posts
Dishwasher insulation

Not really a plumbing problem but deals with a dishwasher install. Son just bought a new Frigidaire Dishwasher. Mid range price. (Boy are they made cheap now days). Anyway, as was typical on most machines in the past this one does not have a sound insulation blanket around it. He even called the factory and was told they no longer supply that except on the premium quite units. (Doesn't come with hose clamps or the inlet elbow, does not have rear wheels and a cheap plastic rod down the middle that engages a plastic gear to level the machine). He wants to take the blanket from the old unit and place it over the new unit to help deaden the noise. Does anybody see a possible problem? I would not think so.

Years ago after an incident with Frigidaire brand I refuse to even consider that name. But I know they are all made by the same factory and same parent company, and just the name plates are changed. I recently bought a Kitchen Aid and I suspect the last of the "old" style. Glad I did.

Old 11-17-19, 11:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,986 Upvotes on 3,578 Posts
You should be able to use that insulation. Just be careful it doesn't caught in the side springs/hinges.

It's funny.... I was just reading a trade publication and saw this......
Year after year, Frigidaire has been the most reliable brand among leading appliance brands with the lowest number of service calls. With Frigidaire, you can be sure you'll receive effortless features and quality materials, giving you the highest quality performance for the life of your appliances.

Name:  lying.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  6.0 KB

Whirlpool manufactures the bulk of all the appliances.
Frigidaire is manufactured by Electrolux.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: