Bidet on a toilet without a typical water supply

Old 03-24-20, 06:45 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bidet on a toilet without a typical water supply

I really want to connect a bidet to my toilet, however there isn't a water supply valve. Its just a pipe connected to the wall! (Link to pic below)

I was thinking maybe I can drill a hole into my sinks vanity and connect it to that water supply. Thoughts? I don't want to drill into the wood unless I know it will work!

https://imgur.com/a/H3xYry1

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-20, 08:51 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 477 Votes on 438 Posts
Most bidet seats come with a "T" fitting that screws onto the bottom of the toilet fill valve. There is usually a normal threaded fitting for the usual hookup water line and the water line to the bidet seat sometimes has a proprietary fitting that only mates to their special "T" fitting. So, whichever seat you choose pay particular attention to the fitting type they use. The manufacturer may have an adapter to work with threaded fittings.

Old 03-25-20, 08:00 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
An adapter for flushometer?

Old 03-25-20, 08:12 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 477 Votes on 438 Posts
No, an adapter that goes from the manufacturers proprietary connector that only fits their "T" fitting to some more standardized threaded fitting like 3/8" compression which can fit a shutoff valve under your sink. You can T into the water line that feeds your sink and add an additional shutoff valve for the bidet.