Replace faucet and copper tube supply lines with flexible supply

Old 07-01-20, 09:30 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replace faucet and copper tube supply lines with flexible supply

I have a bathroom faucet with copper supply lines. One of the lines has developed a pinhole leak which, I suspect means more will develop. I'd like to replace the old faucet and copper lines with a new one using the common flexible supply tubes now in use.

My question is, will the common flexible supply tubes mate with the shut off valves originally installed with the copper lines? Can I just screw them on? If not, is there a special type of supply line I can buy for this purpose, or a connection I can buy that will mate at one end to the copper supply line shut off valve and at the other end to the flexible line? Or would I have to actually replace the shut off valves?

As you might guess from my questions, I have very little experience in plumbing.

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-20, 09:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 576 Votes on 529 Posts
You should be able to find a braided that will screw right onto your shut off. If you are in doubt, take the compression nut from your shutoff with you when you go to the store.

And be sure you are getting the right length... with the correct ends on it for a faucet supply.

AlanMeyer voted this post useful.
Old 07-02-20, 08:43 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exactly what I needed to know.

Thank you.