Faucet Adapter Needed

Old 09-27-20, 01:13 PM
J
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Faucet Adapter Needed

Hello plumbing gurus! I need a little help. I've got to attach a hose to my bathroom sink. This will be for draining and filling an aquarium. The hose, called the Python Water Changing Hose (or something like that) has a plastic faucet pump that in one position allows water to siphon out of the tank and down the drain, and when switched to the other position directs water from your sink through the hose and into the tank. The plastic pump has a female thread that looks to be 1" in diameter. When I unscrew the faucet's aerator what is left is male threads that appear to be 13/16" in diameter. The brass adapter that comes with the hose is also male and appears to be 15/16" in diameter, so obviously those won't fit together.

So I imagine I would need an adapter that is 13/16" female thread to 1" male thread. Do these sound like standard sizes? I'm hoping to be able to order this online so I don't have to actually go inside a hardware store... Anyone?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-20, 01:34 PM
J
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Ha! Never mind - I figured it out. The adapter I have has a gasket that could be removed from the inside that revealed female threads that fit my faucet spout. So I'm all set!

Old 09-27-20, 01:54 PM
Received 231 Votes on 206 Posts
Glad you figured it out and sent us a feed back.