Flapper in toilet tank is slanted

Old 10-03-20, 10:25 AM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Flapper in toilet tank is slanted

I'm going to bite the bullet and finally get a whole house filter system installed on my well water system. Since it was converted to a submerged pump 10 years ago some sediment has been in the water. I'm guessing the pump is closer to the bottom of the well that the old jet pump pipes were.

The plumber stopped by to check/plan the system. I showed him how there was some what appeared to be dirt on the bottom of the toilet tank, and also seeing if that could be causing the pump to turn on occasionally when no water is running. No obvious water running in the toilet - but years ago I installed a new flapper that still leaked. I then got another type by Fluidmaster that came with it's own ring that adheres around the flapper drain hole, and the flapper rests on that. It's been working fine - but it first appeared it had worked itself loose. If it really did, water would be constantly running - but I then realized the drain is in fact at an angle. I wonder if there's a disadvantage or advantage to that? If I did replace the entire toilet, it seems like a flapper that would lay flat, not angled would seal better.

Sponsored Links