Deck Mounted Tub Faucet

Old 11-25-20, 07:45 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Deck Mounted Tub Faucet

I assume all deck mounted faucets mount similarly. If make and model is needed, just let me know.

Is this typical for a deck mounted tub faucet? The set screw lands on this area just below where the o-ring installs. It doesn't take much of a bump on the faucet to knock it loose. The set screw has compromised the o-ring and allowed water to drip into the cavity under the tub. It would make more sense for the set screw to land just under this lip, but I don't see any way to make that happen.

Old 11-25-20, 08:17 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 749 Votes on 688 Posts
No, that is not standard. I've done claw foot tubs and the entire faucet is one piece you set on top of the tub's rim and have nuts on the threaded valve bodies from below. With built in tubs their deck mount faucets are also sorta one piece and the valve bodies are mounted below and it's only the pretty knobs and escutcheons on the top side. In both cases the top faucet body is not removeable from a bit left in the tub like you have.

About all I can say is yours looks like the faucet body was not slid all the way down when you tightened the set screw. As you mentioned. It makes a lot more sense to have the set screw below the lip and not right on the edge where it can damage the O ring seal area.

Old 11-25-20, 11:13 AM
W
Thank you for the response. I'm going to take a closer look but the install was fairly straight-forward. The faucet sits flush to the deck, so the only possible option is to get more height out of the pictured assembly. A little disappointing as it wasn't a cheap faucet, not high-end either, but not cheap.

Old 11-25-20, 01:33 PM
W
The shroud (for the lack of the proper word) is keeping the copper innards from sitting low enough. I left the shroud off for the time being. My wife will love the modern look, LOL. She can at least use the tub now.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: