Glacier Bay

Old 12-10-20, 09:02 AM
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
Glacier Bay

Hi All , any thoughts on repairing a Glacier Bay bathroom faucet, LED is not lighting. arerator is clean .
Geo 🇺🇸

Old 12-10-20, 09:50 AM
Received 289 Votes on 259 Posts
In my opinion, throw it out and buy a MOEN, DELTA, AM STD. etc...and skip the fancy LED and touch start.
But that's not what you want to hear. How old is it? It should have some kind of limited warranty (90 days?). Is the LED battery operated or does it use full household current?

Old 12-10-20, 02:40 PM
Received 426 Votes on 397 Posts
Glacier Bay = junk

I would have to agree, not worth the cost of repair!

Old 12-10-20, 03:14 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 747 Votes on 686 Posts
It would help if you told us specifically what faucet you have.

Old 12-10-20, 05:00 PM
No battery involved, appears to work on flow, more flow the brighter the light,
mdl# 67513W -6401, definitely wonít loose any sleep over it, just curious if it was repairable.
Geo🇺🇸

Old 12-10-20, 05:38 PM
I wonder if it uses a mini turbine to generate electrical power enough for an LED. It would be fun to find out. If that is the case I would suspect the turbine no longer spins due to poor bearing surface or water corrosion (calcium build up). Can they even make a turbine that small? It must be some other mechanism. Can flow of water over a silicon chip produce a vibration or current to power an LED? Just few shots in the dark!

Old 12-11-20, 05:43 AM
It appears to be a mini mini turbine in the top, and I suspect it is corroded up, I will try and free it up and see what happens, itís basically just a gimmick anyway.
Geo🇺🇸

Old 12-11-20, 06:42 AM
On several occasions I was tempted to get one of those as an add on for the faucet. Just for fun. But instead I was given a toilet light as a gag gift. Turns out it the greatest thing. I bought two more for the other bathrooms. Wouldn't be without them.

That and a bidet. Which brings up an amusing story that happened about a week ago. Trying to tighten the faucet handle on the tub. Had to turn off the water supply for that purpose since set screw was at bottom side of handle. Toilet with bidet control right next and close to tub. Shut-off valves in basement. As I was fixing the faucet handle unknown to me my sleeve hooked on to the bidet handle turning it on. Of course no water supply so no problem. And the seat was up! Fixed handle, go to basement to turn on water. Got side tracked while coming back up for about two minutes. Well you can guess the rest. Quite a mess to clean up. Used every towel available to soak up all the water. It actually sprayed directly onto medicine cabinet light bar. Fortunately no damage done. Lesson learned, keep bidet in clean mode when not in use!

Old 12-11-20, 06:54 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 747 Votes on 686 Posts
I can't find any diagrams online for that model number. I did find a diagram for that faucet in another finish and the descriptions says it is an LED faucet but nowhere does the diagram show a LED or how it is powered. It must be incorporated in one of the parts. If you can't fix it you've got to cut it open and post some pictures so we can see how it works.

Old 12-11-20, 02:11 PM
Hi, no need to cut it open , it comes apart, I didnít go all the way but here are a couple of pics , Arator and faucet end.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: