Faucet touchless control module not working

Old 12-12-20, 10:09 PM
C
Received 26 Votes on 24 Posts
Faucet touchless control module not working

I installed a new kitchen faucet. A Glacier Bay model with a touchless sensor:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-...08D2/305188336

The touchless sensor feature doesn't work. If I wave my hand in front of the motion sensor, I can hear a click, but no water (faucet handle is in open position). So I bypassed the control module as per instructions if user doesn't want to use the touchless control - basically hose to hose instead of hose to module to hose - and then faucet works fine. So the problem is the control module.

Control module looks like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-...0101/207093817

Glacier Bay (Home Depot brand) will warranty it I'm sure, but that will take time, so I was wondering if anyone is familiar with these and perhaps there is an easy fix? Since the sensor detects motion, and I hear a click down in the control module, maybe something wrong with what is probably a solenoid valve used to control the flow of water?

Last edited by cartman; 12-12-20 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-13-20, 07:04 AM
Received 287 Votes on 257 Posts
FWIW...before it's too late bring it back to HD and hopefully the warranty will apply. But I would strongly recommend an exchange and make up the difference with a MOEN, or DETA or similar. Glacier Bay is not high quality. Our store sell it also and I always deter customers from buying it. Again for what it's worth, I would stay away from the touchless gimmicks. It's just another item that will break. If you want or need a near touchless faucet then look at a single handle type that you can flip with your arm or elbow to turn on or off. Just my opinion.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: