Garden spigot mildly dripping in December

Old 12-28-20, 08:22 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Garden spigot mildly dripping in December

I've closed the inside valve that sends water to outside spigot and then fully opened outside spigot back in early November. It's dripping mildly probably once about 10 seconds. It dripped last winter, but this winter, it seems to be more noticeable.

As for the inside valve, it does have some wear in that it takes about a day for it to stop dripping after closing it. I have to manually loosen and re-seat the stem on the valve to stop the dripping which was the same last winter. It has the drain plug on the side. Last winter, I didn't bother with the drain plug. This winter, I removed the drain plug, and saw water that coming out, and once I closed the drain plug, the drain from the inside valve had becomes more noticeable (water pressure going to the dial on the valve instead of out the drain plug), and that's when I had to loosen and re-seated the stem in the valve and wait about a day for the dripping to stop on the inside valve. As of today, inside valve is nice and dry, but outside spigot is mildly dripping. If I close the outside spigot, the dripping on the spigot stops. This makes me think the inside valve may NOT be fully closed even though it's turned all the way clockwise to close it. Your thoughts?

Old 12-28-20, 09:53 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 750 Votes on 689 Posts
You need to replace the washer in the valve to stop the dripping.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: