Knob snapped off old sink

Old 01-20-21, 07:22 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Knob snapped off old sink

Hey there! The hot water knob snapped off this old sink. The working cold water knob says that it is Delta brand. Is this something I can fix myself or should I involve a plumber? Are parts available for this kind of thing and what should I get? Any advice highly appreciated. The red arrow points to a nub that I was able to turn with locking pliers to turn it off but it was a challenge, not much left there to work with.

Old 01-20-21, 07:41 PM
Group Moderator
Received 844 Votes on 774 Posts
I'd say your best option is to just get a new faucet. Quite easy to replace. From the looks of it, its time to replace anyway.

CasualJoe voted this post useful.
Old 01-20-21, 08:36 PM
W
Thank you for the advice! I think I will go for that then. I feel a step closer to getting this solved. I am looking to do a like for like replacement to keep the process simple. Do you have any recommendations as far as what to look for or where to go for this?

Old 01-20-21, 08:45 PM
Group Moderator
Whatever is in your price range. Try to stick with name brands, not the off brands some box store sell. And then save your documentation and receipt in case you need parts for it someday.

Old 01-20-21, 08:53 PM
W
What gets the job done and will last awhile without breaking again is what I'm looking for. I have been browsing Amazon is full of these new age looking ones or pretend pump well looking faucets. I just need plain old replacement.

Old 01-20-21, 09:02 PM
Group Moderator
Something like this would be your cheapest option... and still Delta.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Delta-Found...ain/1000042165

You have unlimited options..

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Ze...ECO/206503616?

Time to go shopping.

You might possibly want to get new supply lines while you are at it. Stainless steel braided faucet supplies. Just measure your length from the shutoff to the faucet and be sure you buy ones that are long enough.

Old 01-21-21, 06:27 AM
Received 311 Votes on 280 Posts
I agree with XSLPR. Get a MOEN, DELTA, AM STD, Price Pfister, Hans Ghroug. All are lifetime warranty. Stay away from Aqua or Glacier Bay, and even PEERLESS.

Old 01-21-21, 07:12 AM
A
Received 72 Votes on 65 Posts
This sounds like it might be a somewhat new endeavor for you, so my suggestion is to check out your local independent Ace Hardware. You might pay a buck or two more than for a similar faucet at a big box, but the advice you can get there will typically make up the difference.

Old 01-21-21, 09:18 AM
Received 99 Votes on 89 Posts
I agree with XSLPR. Get a MOEN, DELTA, AM STD, Price Pfister, Hans Ghroug. All are lifetime warranty. Stay away from Aqua or Glacier Bay, and even PEERLESS.
Of those brands I prefer either Delta or Moen, Delta is first choice. Yes, stay away from the cheapy store brands. I have used a couple Peerless faucets over the years and had success with them. Peerless is basically a bare bones Delta and uses Delta repair parts.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: