Faucet (Remove)

Old 06-14-22, 02:38 AM
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Faucet (Remove)

I bought a similar faucet a few years ago. The handle is getting lose and I am trying to tighten it. The one that I have does not have a set screw like in this picture or this model.

Any idea on how to remove the handle beside going underneath the sink and remove the entire thing?

Any idea on how to tighten it? The fixture is still tight in place, it is the handle is a bit wobbly for the hot side. Cold side is fine.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-...7BNV/314178298

Thanks

Old 06-14-22, 06:42 AM
Received 620 Likes on 553 Posts
Is there not a little button that pops out to reveal a set screw? As shown in the parts list for he model you referenced.

Edit: Show us a picture of your actual faucet and then handle that won't come off. Several views.

Old 06-14-22, 06:45 AM
I have a double sink and bought two sets. One set has it and the other set does not.

It has been a while that I installed them and don't remember how the handles were put on.

Old 06-14-22, 07:12 AM
Received 620 Likes on 553 Posts
A bit unusual but maybe the handles were just placed on the stem with no fastening since only twisting will be used to operate as oppose to a lifting action. If so, most likely a calcium build up has frozen the handle on the stem. Try to squirt some Lime-Away up into the stem area.

Old 06-14-22, 07:15 AM
I don't recall if it was placed on the stem or maybe I have to turn it counter clockwise to take off the handle in the case of changing out the cartridge. I will take it off in a few days and will know.

Old 06-16-22, 07:12 PM
Norm, you are right about Glacier Bay faucets.

Luckily, I wanted a new faucet anyway, one of those tall single faucet. I don't have to worry about the mixer hose bursting if left on as it connects the supply hoses directly to the new faucet. This way I can connect my motion detector to it. It took me only 5 minutes to install the new faucet while took me 15 minutes to remove the old Glacier Bay.

Anyway, I took the old Glacier faucet to Home Depot and the Senior in the plumber area was really awesome. I told him that I am tossing this set but I still want to know how to take the handle off and change the cartridge. First thing he whispered to me, "don't buy Glacier junk." I was going to ask him if his name is "Norm". We laughed about it and I told will not in the future but still want to know how the handles work. So we both went to the tool rental section and then he locked it up into a vice. Ended up, the only way to change the cartridge is by prying off the handle. Crazy. By the time, we got the handle off, the finished was damaged. Just a very stupid design.

Strange thing is that in my other sink, the other set of Glacier Bay faucet do have a set screw. Anyway, thought I let you know as I told you I would.

BTW... We both tried to turn it counter clockwise to see if that is how you remove it. Nope, by the time we pried it off, there is a screw that we unscrewed to get to the cartridge.

The following users liked this post:

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: