Instant hot water faucet spitting

Old 10-02-22, 03:24 PM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instant hot water faucet spitting

Hi - I have an Insinkerator model SST instant hot water faucet on my sink. It was installed about 12 years ago. It's been pretty spitty for a while but useable. Recently it's gotten a little worse, so I'm looking into how to fix it. The Emerson website mentions potentially needing to change the filter on models with a filter, but I feel like the older model doesn't have one (hopefully not, since I've never changed it). It also talks about clearing the aerator (diagram shows it as a piece next to the faucet, but I don't see that either. Finally it says turn the temperature down - ours was set to the max, so I did that but it only helped a little. Before I tear the thing open, any potentially easy fixes I could try?

Thanks,
Andy

Old 10-03-22, 06:13 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,521 Posts
Look to see if there is a procedure to descale the heater. I wonder if minerals have built up on the heating element. This can cause small areas to flash to steam even if the water temperature is set lower.

Old 10-03-22, 07:39 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok great, thanks I will look into that. Appreciate the reply.

Old 10-03-22, 11:02 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,322 Likes on 2,983 Posts
I looked thru the available publications from ISE but didn't find any info on cleaning the heater.
The two problems they mentioned are temperature set too high and dirty filter screen in aerator.

Water temp setting may still be too high.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: