How to clamp this drop-in laundry utility sink?

Old 10-18-22, 05:20 PM
R
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How to clamp this drop-in laundry utility sink?

A family member has this fiberglass utility sink in their laundry room (please see pics). They said is freely moves back/forth and sideways. Water was leaking every time they use the sink. It was literally just "dropped in" and not clamped.to the counter in any way. The only thing that was trying to hold it in place was the drain connection! There were no mounting holes at the corners, no J or U channels underneath and no clamps or clips on the under-side. The only identification I could find is this number printed on the tub L010515-A16. A Google search on this number did not come up with anything. Sink is 22"x25", counter hole is 19-3/4"x22-3/4".

Looking for advice on how to clamp this. Thank you in advance.

Old 10-18-22, 05:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,639 Likes on 1,468 Posts
You typically run a fine bead of silicone around that type of sink... about 1/4" wide. Caulk as quickly and neatly as you can then spritz it with rubbing alcohol (in a mist bottle) and get it wet, then with your finger and some paper towels, quickly tool it with your finger, leaving a decent amount of silicone around the perimeter.

Any excess silicone will wipe off easily. Wipe the excess alcohol off but try not to get into your neat bead of silicone with the paper towels.

A kitchen and bath silicone will work best as they will usually contain a mildewicide.

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-18-22, 08:04 PM
R
Thank you XSleeper. I will suggest this to the owners.

Old 10-18-22, 08:13 PM
R
Drop-in utility sink to fit into existing cut out

Hi. Someone I know is looking to replace their old fiberglass utility sink with stainless steel or other material. The counter top is granite and the existing cut out is 22-3/4" wide x 19-3/4" deep/long. I looked at a Mustee 10 22x25" sink and that will require a 23-3/4" wide x 20-3/4" deep cut out. I was planning to contact the manufacturers, but if someone knows a model could use the existing cut out, please let me know. Thank you.

Old 10-19-22, 05:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,322 Likes on 2,983 Posts
20x23 is a common laundry room sink size.
Most 20x23 sinks will fit in that opening but the faucet end could cause an issue.
20x23 drop-in laundry sink

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: