Shower niche LED lighting, Bathroom exhaust fan

Old 11-11-22, 11:19 AM
B
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shower niche LED lighting, Bathroom exhaust fan

Q1 -
I am remodeling a flip property bathroom and have added a shower niche. I saw Tile Coach on UT install an LED lighting strip here but he didn't include a product link. It's water proof, works off of a regular wall toggle switch, has a dimmer and the adapter or power supply is fastened in the ceiling above the wall switch. Whenever I do a search I am getting regular LED strip, some with their own little dimmer regulator. Any recommendations for the same setup or something that can work the same?

Q2 -
Are bathroom exhaust fans a code requirement? This is a flip property.

Old 11-11-22, 11:38 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,521 Posts
Q2: The code requirement for a van is so low (the minimum allowed is 50 cfm) that any fan you choose will comply with the code. What is actually needed is a very different number. The minimum I'd consider is changing the air in the room 8 times per hour but more is generally better. Don't forget to de-rate your fan's performance for your duct length and bends which can significantly reduce airflow.

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-11-22, 01:09 PM
B
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Will these power adapters work with dimming switches (Lutron, etc), or to achieve dimming LED, then it requires a dimmable power supply type?
Here and here

Old 11-12-22, 10:31 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,521 Posts
You do need to make sure that the power supply and dimmer are compatible.

Old 11-13-22, 08:58 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 357 Likes on 319 Posts
Are bathroom exhaust fans a code requirement?
By IRC (national building code), there needs to either be an openable window or a fan.
So a fan isn't necessarily needed, but always recommended as who wants to open the window in the cold of winter or hot of summer.

​​​​​​​

Old 11-13-22, 11:05 AM
Received 298 Likes on 254 Posts
IRC (national building code)
The local inspector has the final word. I was required to have a fan in a tiny 32 inch X 48 inch half-bath that had a window. (However, the city assesor said it was too small to list as a bath so he just upgraded the listing of the other two full baths to "above average".)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: