No flow from kitchen spout

Old 11-13-22, 04:07 PM
G
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question No flow from kitchen spout

We have an older Delta (I think) three handle (Hot, Cold & Sprayer) kitchen faucet. If we attempt to use the sprayer there is no flow through it. We can live with that but....after trying it we no longer have either hot or cold water out of the faucet. There is 1/2" copper piping to both the hot and cold side of the faucet with fully open valving. The dish washer supply comes off the hot supply pipe above the hot water isolation valve and is working properly. It seems that the problem is in the "mixing" part of the faucet itself. If I remove the hose supplying the sprayer and plug it at the base of the faucet would that resolve the problem? We're on well water. I went to the basement and shut off the supply to the house. It didn't seem to be venting through the kitchen faucet but would vent through another one. We got about a half of a cup of H2O when I turned the supply back on. Any ideas how I can get this working again? Thanks

Last edited by Grandma Dee; 11-13-22 at 04:43 PM. Reason: more thoughts
Old 11-14-22, 12:28 PM
B
Received 225 Likes on 199 Posts
Sounds like the faucet must be removed from the sink and reversed flushed with water or air. Are the supply water pipes connected to the faucet with removable hoses? If not, might be time for a plumber.

Old 11-14-22, 01:43 PM
G
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts. I think I'll remove it and take the spout base apart. Worst case scenerio I'll need a new faucet I guess. Well, there's no getting this baby apart so I'm off to the BBS. Thanks again

Last edited by Grandma Dee; 11-14-22 at 02:27 PM. Reason: update

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: