Delta Dual Handle kitchen sink faucet

Old 02-13-24, 10:13 AM
W
Received 42 Upvotes on 38 Posts
Delta Dual Handle kitchen sink faucet

I have a house built in 1963 that has a Delta dual handle kitchen faucet assembly that is leaking steadily now from the hot water valve (Over to the central spout). I need a rebuild kit for at least the one valve,, but should do both. Does anyone know a model number for a kit I can buy from a hardware store or big box to get a kit on the way. The whole thing is chrome, has two plastic knobs held in by philips head screws going into the top of the plastic cartridge plastic cartridges are turned with the Clear plastic knobs and have O Rings .I am not sure what washers or springs might be underneath the cartridges. The water spout coming out of the top has a few O rings too but I haven't got that far. Part number or photo of the kit would be huge help I am soaking the philips head screw in PB Blaster right now, but It might get destroyed by accident.

Top Answer

02-13-24, 11:15 AM
Pilot Dane
Group Moderator
Received 2,182 Upvotes on 1,952 Posts
You can call Delta and see if your description is enough for them to identify what parts you need.

Old 02-13-24, 11:15 AM
P
Group Moderator
You can call Delta and see if your description is enough for them to identify what parts you need.

CasualJoe, WML13 voted this post useful.
Old 02-13-24, 11:50 AM
W
Hi Dane, Everybody needs pictures, large assortment of cartridges out there going back 60 years. Need a new house or kick the bucket....If the bonnet nut comes off easily I should be able to accommodate them. Thanks for getting back to me!

Old 02-13-24, 12:27 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,982 Upvotes on 3,574 Posts
You can email me your pics if you'd like.

WML13 voted this post useful.
Old 02-15-24, 09:56 AM
W
I found out the Danco Company makes a cartridge for the Delta brand faucet set like mine, I have a Danco 3S-10HC on its way to me from HomeDepot. This cartridge rotates when you turn it on or off to uncover a hole with an O ring around it under the cartridge. the small O ring in the bottom of the hole seems to be OK but the two others towards the top of the cylinder not so much. Is there a sealer I should be using to lube or seal any of these O rings in this assembly? PJ Max as a photo of the cartridge in his IN box

Last edited by PJmax; 02-15-24 at 10:35 AM. Reason: posted pic
Old 02-15-24, 10:31 AM
P
Group Moderator
"...but the two others towards the top of the cylinder not so much."
Are you referring to the new part you received or is this the old one?

Faucet components do not need lubrication. Often I put a thin coating of food grade silicone based lubricant on the parts, especially rubber gaskets, O rings and seals so they slide together more easily.

I have hit or miss results with aftermarket components. If you have trouble with the new part don't assume it's you. It could be the new part or simply the wrong part for that faucet.

Old 02-15-24, 10:39 AM
Group Moderator
I agree.... food grade silicone grease.
silicone grease
silicone grease

Old 02-15-24, 10:59 AM
W
The Pic I sent to Pete is the original in the cold water side of the spout that is leaking. I will have its DANCO replacement Monday from Home Depot. Had pretty good luck with Danco on other faucets in the house. but I hear you on OEM brand Parts. (Delta.com?) 10-4 on the Silicone Grease. would that be good on Garage door bearings too?

Old 02-15-24, 01:59 PM
Group Moderator
Garage door bearings
Are those like muffler bearings.

With the actual rollers you can use a spray grease..... use very little.
Nothing on the track.

Danco is...... ok. Not as good as OEM.

Old 02-15-24, 02:24 PM
W
LOL I guess I should have been more specific but you didn't want to be around here today while I was trying to work with you. Not YOUR fault I used some WD40 to quiet the rollers down Do you have a good address for contacting someone who is knowledgeable at Delta Corporation! I only ordered one cylinder from Danco (HOME DEPOT) to see If I got the correct designed part.

Old 02-15-24, 03:57 PM
Group Moderator
If you have the fixture model number you can go directly to Delta as part of their lifetime warranty.
Delta: 800-523-5135 (option 2)
3S-10HC repair video
I'm pretty sure the Delta part number for that cartridge is RP1740

WD-40 is not really a lubricant and it's effect won't last long.

Old 02-15-24, 05:37 PM
W
Thanks Pete! I looked for a tag under the sink but none there. If it was put in when the house was new 1963 Even being just the 2nd owner, It has been here a Long Time, I will consider myself lucky just to get an OEM part.
What DO you think would be right for the rollers on my garage door?

Old 02-17-24, 05:38 PM
W
Old 02-17-24, 05:54 PM
W
I found some instructions on attaching pictures ("Sticky") They worked!

Old 02-17-24, 06:56 PM
Group Moderator
Of course they work... I wrote them.... How to insert pictures.

I use spray grease on the roller bearings. Just a bit.
I see PB Blaster has a dedicated product..... Garage lube

I thought you had the fixture model. You might try just the OEM part number I posted.

Old 02-17-24, 07:18 PM
W
I now have both a Danco AND a Delta OEM Model of valve assembly you posted for me that came Fedex today. I am waiting for the silicone grease which will be here Monday I hope. Thanks for that, AND the follow up on the Garage Lube!

Thanks again!

Bill

Old 02-20-24, 11:34 AM
W
I inserted the new OEM Delta Part today on the Cold water Side but it is still leaking. I will do the other side if Delta can get me part numbers for the HOT water side handle which is fastened with a severely stuck philips head screw and will probably be destroyed in the removal Process. What I don't know, and couldn't explain to the woman at Delta today, was that when I removed the original delta cylinder (in photo above) there was no spring or cup washer under the cartridge, just a inlet hole for the cold water with a ridge around the diameter of the hole. Do you guys know if there is supposed to be something else there? The cartridge Danco sent me DID have a spring and cup washer with it, but those normally go up against a round ball with holes in it, in my experience here with other valves. (I am sending pictures of the whole unit to Delta today, but trying to cover my bases if i can for them too.

Old 02-20-24, 06:25 PM
W
Well, you guys are going to like this. I was scrolling for videos and found one a guy put out about how to service a dual handled Delta Kitchen faucet assembly. There IS a single spring with a washer wrapped around it that is supposed to press down into the water inlet hole and ride up against the lower end of the Delta cartridge that distributes water to the sink. Delta didn't send me one with the cartridge assembly but DANCO did. I will raid the DANCO for the spring and washer and put it into the assembly tomorrow, there MAY still be a spring down in the inlet hole but the washer was long gone so I didn't know there was supposed to be one there.

Old 02-23-24, 11:35 AM
W
Got into the Hot Water Side of the Delta Kitchen Faucet assembly today. I only had one cylinder for the other side but figured once the springs and washers got here I could use the new Danco cylinder on the Hot water side. WRONG. The cap the goes over the cylinder after you insert it into the cavity where you turn it would not go over
Danco (It like jammed up on it) I had to hammer it out of the cap and used the old cylinder with new spring and washer. Ordered a New Delta Brand Cylinder for back up as I did get the Damn leak to stop dripping. Thanks for the help THIS TOOK way to long on my part!

Old 02-23-24, 03:31 PM
Group Moderator
That faucet uses the hallmark rubber seals and washers.
They use the same parts in almost all of their older faucets.
I have 15 or so sets on hand......RP-4943(G).

I only use Delta rubbers

Old 02-23-24, 05:32 PM
W
Delta could have at least done me the favor of stamping their name on this faucet assembly somewhere lol

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: