Moen motionsense won’t shut off

Old 03-30-24, 02:41 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Moen motionsense won’t shut off

I have a 5+ year old Moen motionsense kitchen faucet. The came down in the morning and the faucet was running. Not a full wide open but a steady stream that was much more than a drip. Couldn’t get it to stop. Ended up turning the water off. Came back to it a few hours later, turned the water on and it worked fine. Would turn on at the handle or motion, and off when it should be.

then it started running again on its own. More than a trickle like what I see when a cartridge is going on a regular faucet, Tried changing batteries, resetting by removing power and signal, turning water off and on. It still keeps running when water is turned on at the wall. The blue light that’s normally on the faucet wont come on.

Any ideas? Moen closed today so can’t call them, and my faucet is old enough that I don’t know what’s covered by warranty (last time I called about something related to the motion sensor they said it was beyond 5 years and not covered). Saw some posts online that said the solenoid could be bad or dirty but don’t know how to get to it. Here’s my control box.

Old 03-30-24, 04:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,999 Upvotes on 3,589 Posts
Moen “(Seller”) warrants that the MotionSense® System (“the Product”) will be free from defects in materials and manufacturing workmanship. Moen warrants that the faucet will be leak-free and drip-free under normal use, and that the Product’s control box (which houses the hydraulic system) and finish will be free from defects in material and manufacturing workmanship for: (1) the lifetime of the Original Consumer Purchaser

The 5 year warranty is for commercial use.
They are not easily serviced. Contact Moen for a replacement.
Moen Consumer

Old 04-01-24, 04:54 PM
S
The 5 year warranty also applies to the electronics. Waiting for response from Moen.

Old 04-02-24, 05:09 PM
S
Update for anyone that comes across this thread. Moen replaced the control box and it’s working now (knock on wood).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: