Short car trip

Old 01-25-05, 01:25 PM
Short car trip

We live in the nw Ohio area and want to take a 4-5 day car trip in mid to late Feb. We were thinking about tooling down to North Carolina to see if it's a place we might like to live someday.

Any ideas on where we might go down there anyone? Or other ideas in general?

Tx

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-05, 04:04 PM
You have a wide variety of choices in North Carolina...the mountains in the west, the piedmont hill country in the central part of the state, or the coastal area in the east.
If you think that you would like living on or near water (lakes, rivers, sounds or the Atlantic), head to the coastal area (east of I-95). If you prefer mountain vistas, head for the Blue Ridge Parkway down the mountains. Or anywhere in between.
I understand that North Carolina is second only to Florida now as a retirement destination. Eighty percent of my real estate business in the northeastern coastal area now is from out-of-state people relocating here, for instance.
For general information and a free travel packet on North Carolina, call 1-800-VISIT NC (1-800-874-4862) and/or go to www.visitnc.com .
Good luck!
Mike

Old 01-27-05, 06:31 PM
Thx for the tips, Mike.

Old 02-04-05, 06:03 PM
Group Moderator
I was born in Ohio and NC was the stopping over point on our family trips to Florida. We ended up moving here when I was 8 years olde.

In late February I'd head for the coastal areas around Wilmington and south (Southport). It's easy to get to on I-40. Wilmington and the Cape Fear area has a lot of history and a lot to see and the weather will be a bit more mild than the rest of the state.

On your way to Wilmington make sure you see the rest of the state on your way through. Then in the summer you can come back down and spend some time in the mountains.

Old 02-17-05, 10:54 PM
We're heading out tomorrow for about 4-5 days. We plan to drive to Elizabeth City area and along the outer banks area. Then we'll head south to Wilmington and the Southport areas. I just wanted to stay away from the military areas (I already KNOW all about those...) but we think we'll get a better overall trip this way. Have been to the western part of the state in the Smokies many times and lovce it there; but stay shut of the actual Gatlinburg and commercialized area as much as possible.

Thx again for the tips.

Search this Thread