6 week summer road trip

Old 05-16-05, 12:29 PM
6 week summer road trip

My family is taking a 6 week US tour from Phila. We will take a Southern route out and a Northern route back. We want to see as much as possible but have a relaxing time also. Any experienced travelers out there w/ any suggestions? We have 3 children ages 13, 10 and 7.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-05, 06:41 PM
Group Moderator
I was born in northnern Ohio and there are several places that I remember from our family trips.

Riding bikes around Kelly's Island (near Sandusky, OH)

The beaches of NC. Many, many, many hours spent playing in the sand & surf on uncrowded beaches.

The moutains of NC. I remember panning for jems and playing indian in Cherokee.

I remember the Alligator Farm and the fort in St. Augustine Florida.

I remember my dad showing me my grandfathers orchards in Florida. Sorry, it's all been nuked to make Deltona.

Even as a child I loved the Dells in Wisconsin.

I remember camping on the southern shore of lake Huron looking over the Mackinac bridge and going to the island visiting all the fudge shopps.

Oh, we also went to Disney World and I got to see them building Epcot.

Old 05-22-05, 11:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
there is so much to see in the good ol' USA.. main thing to focus on is "drive safe, take the time to see as much as you can, and enjoy the heck out of it.."... take lots of digital pic's, visit all of those caves, meteor holes, etc.. stop in and try all of the local food dishes.. eg: tex/mex, cajun, southern (fried green tomatoes, etc).. be prepared for any and all weather conditions, pick up some nick nacks along the way to remind you later of your trip.. and most of all, just have lots of fun!..