RV Where Do You Rent?

Old 06-13-05, 01:07 AM
Scarlet
Visiting Guest
RV Where Do You Rent?

Hi there, my husband and I would love to rent an RV to go exploring with our sons (2&6) for a long weekend, possibly a week.

Where and how much should we expect to pay to rent this vehicle?

Also, what essentials would you pack? This will be the first real vacation time our family has had (Dh is military) in years and we want it to go as smoothly and as inexpensive as possible.

Any advice and experiences welcome.

Yours in Appreciation, Scarlet

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-05, 06:39 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: Scarlet

Best place to begin looking for a vehicle to suite the needs is in the yellow pages of your local phone book. Keyword is "Recreational." Plenty of places have all varieties of vehicles.

Although, slightly late in the season to reserve one. Usually, but not always, depending upon your area, the rental places, which includes new sales RV dealers, may have limited choices this time of year.

Expect to pay more during these high demand months. Same as motels and or hotels, the rates are higher and the choices more limited. Supply and demand factors.

However, cost is secondary the first time around (in my opinion) to the learning experiences and the adventures to this form of vacationing.

Check back on your question several more times. Other members posting replies in this forum topic may offer you additional advice, suggestions and or help needed.

Regards and Good Luck.
Web Site Host & Forums Monitor.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 06-18-05, 02:55 PM
You might want to go to http://www.koakampgrounds.com/ There's some great RV info there. You can also plan your trip there.