California trip

Old 07-11-06, 11:24 AM
California trip

Hey guys...My relatives are coming to California from Tennessee. Being that I've lived here all my life I really don't know what people from out of town would like to do or see. My cousins will be here for a little while-I'm sure for more than 3 days...

Those of you out of CA...what would you want to do or see? I'm thinking Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Sea World...what else?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-06, 11:32 AM
I really enjoyed San Francisco. Going to Alkatraz was the best and Fishermans Warf was really cool too.

Old 07-11-06, 06:14 PM
You have the historic Yorba and Slaughter Families Adobe home that might make a good quick stop in Chino. Depending upon ages and interests of visitors, you have the Chino Youth Museum, Old School House Museum and the Airplane Museum. You might want to opt for a picnic in the Prado Park. The Nixon birthplace and Library might be of interest.

Chino is about 30 miles from L. A. Disney, Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Rodeo Drive, Sunset Strip. The options are endless. You can pick up an L.A. tour guide that will identify the sites.

LA is about 75 miles north of the Border, so crossing the Border might be an adventure. LA is about 400 miles south of San Francisco, which may be a bit far to drive guests.

Old 07-11-06, 06:46 PM
Group Moderator
My wife loved visiting little Saigon in Orange County. The food was incredible and she loved going through the grocery stores to see the different foods.

I liked visiting the Queen Mary and the surf city beaches. Disney was fun but I would not cross they contry to go there.

Honestly, when in socal driving for hours in traffic and seing mile after mile after mile of housing developments, condos and strip malls trying to get anywhere did nothing for me. I'd do a mixture of things. Show them some of the usual tourist stuff and then head out in the country to show them that California is not all urban sprawl.

Old 07-11-06, 06:55 PM
Holy Cow! I've been living in CA for 31 years and have not known about these places myself. Disney, Knotts,...that stuff, yeah, but the other stuff...interesting! And...even what's near me! Sheesh...!

12pole...that's really cool how you figured from where I actually am and found those places. Boy, I need to get out more often. That's pretty sad!...Or, is that normal???

Ok guys...give me more. Just for myself for future outtings.

Awesome!

Old 07-14-06, 03:32 AM
Check with your local Chamber of Commerce or Tourism Commission if you have them. It's their job to provide tourist and other info to potential visitors and residents.

Old 09-08-06, 07:58 AM
snookiee
Visiting Guest
DIYaddict
my hubby and I just did a drive of the coastal area and were from out of stat I would take them thur the wine country and also let the see some of the big beautful Red Treese I think the might like that and it would not cost you anything to do that also we did do a serch ouer the internet on Ca befor going and they do have some really good places to go and see
I also loved looking at the ocean views and got lots of good pictures we also went to Old sacermento that is about an 1hr.s drive from frico and its a fast drive you might like that too

Old 09-08-06, 02:07 PM
Group Moderator
Hoover Dam, Death Valley, Sequoia NP, and if you don't mind the drive Hearst Castle at San Simeon. You're about 6 1/2 hours from Yosemite so that might be a stretch, but it's the one place on the planet I would advise everyone to visit before they die. Here's a sample pic that just happens to be from my daughter's camera:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/the_tow_guy/P6150246.jpg

San Diego Zoo is world-class.

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 09-08-06 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-08-06, 02:34 PM
tow guy check your PM

Old 09-08-06, 05:37 PM
Group Moderator
How's that, DIY?

Old 09-08-06, 07:01 PM
There ya go! That's even better and bigger and clearer too! NICE! Beautiful view! That would be nice to be there!