vacationing this year

Old 03-21-07, 09:21 AM
Smile vacationing this year

need a rental vehicle
i'm pretty new at this .what is the best way for me to get the best rate on a rental at say salt lake airport. return same place. one week . i have already seen there price on airport website seem a little high. can i do better.? any help would really be appreciated.thanks do i need a rental code or would that help me out? i know nothing about this ,i have read a few things on here.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-07, 11:38 AM
Group Moderator
I would try checking prices on the major travel sites, Travelocity, Expedia, and Orbitz. Once you get a feel for the prices, check the actual care company sites to see if there's any savings. Frankly I've never seen much difference in vehicle quality or service between all the major rental companies, so I shop on price. Think I rented from Dollar the last few times.

Just did a quick check on Expedia and Enterprise came out lowest at about $180/wk for a midsize. About $200/wk I'm guessing would be the average.

When price checking be sure to read the fine print to make sure you're comparing apples to apples.

Old 03-21-07, 12:59 PM
Car Rental

Try Enterprise.

Generally, a rental car company stationed at the airport will cost more than if they are some distance away. But then you have to get to them or have them come to you. Good luck.

Old 03-21-07, 01:13 PM
It may be obvious, but I remember you can use AAA for a discount on Travelocity.

Go online to those companies posted in the above posts and you can do comparisons on them .