Travel Destinations

Old 02-25-10, 02:20 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Travel Destinations

Can you suggest exciting travel destinations? My bestfriend wants to have a long vacation but doesn't know where to go.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-10, 05:01 AM
Group Moderator
Yosemite National Park; right in your neighborhood practically. Only drawback is if you want to stay at park accommodations, they fill up about a year out, but even if you have to stay outside the park and commute in to visit it's well worth it. A little early in the season if you're planning a trip soon, but look into it.

My favorite picture from my last visit (photo credit, my daughter):

Old 02-25-10, 06:01 AM
Group Moderator
Currently my favorite destinations are in Central America. Panama and Costa Rica are both very tourist friendly, reasonably priced and speaking Spanish is not a requirement. Both countries give you enough of the exotic to let you know you have traveled but are easy enough to have a relaxing vacation without having to work for it.

If your friend likes nature and the out of doors I love Alaska. Rent a car in Anchorage, fill the trunk with groceries and start driving. I would even say "don't go to Denali" there are so many incredible places that hitting the tourist meca Denali is not high on my list. I could spend a week driving the Richardson Hwy (4) between Delta Junction and Glennallen. Heck, there are just too many great places to visit to bother listing them. Important to me is getting away from the tourist busses of Princess and Holland America. Nothing ruins a spot like a bus of overweight tourists loudly complaining about breakfast and wondering where the animals are.

Old 02-25-10, 01:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If you want a full pictoral description of fantastic places to visit, go to some of Pilot Dane's previous posts in this forum. Will make your mouth water.
Hey TG who is that in the picture???? Shorts with a jacket no less!
Sherrylyn, another place not too far from your reach is Glenwood canyon in Colorado. Wait until spring as the winter folks probably fill up all the accommodations during ski season.

Old 03-18-10, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy View Post
Yosemite National Park; right in your neighborhood practically. Only drawback is if you want to stay at park accommodations, they fill up about a year out, but even if you have to stay outside the park and commute in to visit it's well worth it. A little early in the season if you're planning a trip soon, but look into it.

My favorite picture from my last visit (photo credit, my daughter):

All i can say on this pic is wow....