need help in recovering barstools

Old 06-11-04, 05:31 PM
midnite
Visiting Guest
need help in recovering barstools

I'm in the process of recovering my barstools (4) and i'm not sure which way to go! They have a plain round padded seat, about 13inches in diameter and 2inches in debth. I thought maybe i could go with plain black vinyl and some added padding! ...But, how do i tack it on??? Should I cut out a circle and the edging or just fold it over and staple it?
Please Help!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-04, 09:34 PM
theupholsteryguy
Visiting Guest
If you were to just cut enough fabric to cover the top, sides and an extra inch for staples, chances are you will have a difficult time with the material gathering around the sides. Normally on a cushion that's two inches thick, you will need to sew on the "drop" (to cover the sides). Then staple on the under side. If you are using foam, cut it about 3/4 of inch larger than the cushion, then cut your fabric about a 1/2 inch larger. The sides should be 2" + 1/2" seam allowance + 1 1/2" for stapling on the under side. Put three of four staples evenly spaced around the circle, give the fabric a tug while doing this, finish stapling.

Old 06-22-04, 10:59 PM
gotya
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

i agree with the upholsteryguy.

But i add a roll at the bottom of the stool of welt staple it to the edge and it just make it look professional. than put a dust cover on the bottom.

welt just finishes it of make it look like a complete cushion.
yes, do not wrap it will flatten out the cushion and it not as conforable to set on. the cushion make a better seating.

geocities.com/gotyacovered2000