Reuphoster Wingback Chair

Old 08-21-06, 07:54 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Reuphoster Wingback Chair

We are looking at getting some wingback chairs, my wife has a specific pattern she wants. If we buy some cheaper chairs and get them reuphostered, can anyone give me a ballpark cost of the reuphoster?

Old 08-21-06, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
having furniture reupholstered is expensive. but i know of a local lady who only charges $25 per yard of fabric (but that's almost "unheard of" cheap). so if your chairs take 7 yards each, that'd be $175 plus the cost of 7 yards of fabric, which, at $15 a yard (also cheap), would run you another $105. all that in addition to the cost of "cheap" chairs, which may or may not be comfortable, may not have decent construction or decent cushions, or last all that long, for what? $100+ each? then you'll have spend 175 + 105 + 100+ for the chair = $380+.

if i were you, i'd go to a furniture store that sells a brand that lets you choose the fabric yourself, like Broyhill, or LaZBoy, etc. it probably won't cost you that much more, but at least you'd be getting quality chairs with some warranty.

Old 08-22-06, 02:50 PM
S
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Really ball park would be "too close to the price of new ones to make it worthwhile"

I'd agree with Annette's suggestion to find a retailer of chairs with those giant swatches to choose from
...I'd add Berkline to the list

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: