ISO Advice on Button Sizes for a Truft Cushion

Old 08-13-14, 08:48 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ISO Advice on Button Sizes for a Truft Cushion

Hello I am new here and to upholstery. My main thang is sewing & quilting! Anyway I have been presented with an opportunity to do some lite upholstery work, more or less sofa pillows, tufting bench cushions, etc. By no means anything big! I've been on youtube watching videos, etc. It looks pretty easy.

But I have two concerns:

1. What size buttons is needed for a 40L"x23W"x4H" tufted cushion spaced at 4"apart?

2. Where is the best place to purchase them without breaking the bank and having to buy expensive equipment :NO NO NO: that I may use once or twice?

Any other advice is welcome! TIA

BTW I catch on learning things like this pretty fast and to expand my skills.

Last edited by DIM2Create; 08-13-14 at 08:51 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 08-15-14, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wow, I just cannot believe no one has responded or even to say Hi or welcome to the forum. Pretty sad! So I will just ask the moderator to delete my post and account and I'll go search for friendlier people!!

Old 08-15-14, 04:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I do welcome you to the forums, and apologize that we don't have many people adverse in this aspect of interior decorating. The size buttons would really be up to you. There seems to be no standard spacing nor size, so it would be difficult for anyone else to tell you.
As to where to buy them, I would suggest Googling what you want and let the suggestions there guide you to locations close to you. There may be associations in your state or county that deal with upholstery as a craft.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: