Wicker Chair giving me a time!

Old 11-02-14, 05:09 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wicker Chair giving me a time!

This is my second attempt in Many years in trying to put a padded back on this chair, in concept it works great, However, attaching Anything to this is proving to be Impossible! Staples will barely penetrate the cane-type frame. I do not want to "hang" a pillow from the top rung. I have made a lightly padded cushion with a backer board made of a heavier cardboard type material that is used in an automotive application that fits into the back area, but cannot figure out a solution as to how to attach it, short of stapling the pad into the two center rungs and covering the staples with flat buttons. If anyone has any suggestion as to what I can do, your help would be Greatly Appreciated.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  42.1 KB

Old 11-02-14, 05:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Instead of trying to mount it put some decorative ties on top. Ribbons or matching strings would look good.

Old 11-03-14, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator
Received 398 Upvotes on 326 Posts
Do you have to have the board? You could make tabs or belt loop thingies that attach at the back of the cushion and can loop around the two things at the back. Sew velcro to the tabs and the back of the cushion to attach.
If you must have the board, you can still do something similar by stapling one end of the tab (make 2 or 3 for each bar) neatly to the board (inside the tab), and then staple of piece of velcro to the board, next to the end tab, and sew the other velcro to the other end of the tab (sew it on first before you staple the other end), then velcro the tabs on.
Hope I'm clear as mud!

Old 11-03-14, 09:12 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Velcro is your friend ;-)

I'm not sure if fabric stores carry it but hardware stores have Velcro wraps with hooks and loops on the same tie so you can neatly wrap extension cords, etc.
A few of those would hold the cushion to those vertical rails without shifting around.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: