Leather chair - kitty scratches/claw holes - any way to mend/hide?

Old 12-18-15, 05:18 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Leather chair - kitty scratches/claw holes - any way to mend/hide?

Kitty has been with us for almost a month and never went near the leather chair and ottoman, and I thought we were home free - and then last night I walked by the chair and saw that she'd clawed it in a couple of places and also left a long (8-10 inch) scratch in a very noticeable place.

I've touched them up with brown shoe polish but they are still fairly noticeable - anybody have any suggestions?

Merry Christmas everybody, Happy Hanukkah and Peace to everyone of every faith, or no denomination. Happy New Year to all.

MB McProc

Old 12-18-15, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator
Received 398 Upvotes on 326 Posts
Unfortunately, leather repair isn't a DIY job. Only a leather repair guy can match the color and possibly fix a rip, but unless the rip is in a seam, it's probably not fixable or at least not to the point where it'll look nice.

Old 12-18-15, 01:43 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
I had very nice leather furniture and then I adopted Douglas. He did a number on the bottom edge but all I could do is laugh. Here is a picture I took a few days after he came to live with me. We had been having some trouble figuring out what brand/type of litter he wanted and so I had left a roll of paper towels on the couch. This is what I found when I came home that afternoon.

Name:  shred4.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  28.5 KB

He will be eighteen years old next spring and he is still my best friend, even if my furniture does have a few scratches.

Old 12-18-15, 01:58 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,273 Upvotes on 1,213 Posts
Unfortunately, to emphasize what Shadeladie said, leather repair is best left to the pros. It's a DIY forum but some jobs just don't qualify....

Old 12-18-15, 02:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well, I guess I'll just chalk it up to aging and "character" it wasn't an expensive piece and actually doesn't get a lot of use so maybe once it's got some character maybe it'll get more traffic.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: