Repair leather couch that has attached cushions

Old 05-22-19, 11:53 AM
Smile Repair leather couch that has attached cushions

Hi I have a leather sectional with a large tear in a seat cushion. Is it possible remove the attached cushion so I can take it and have it repaired or do I need to have a upholsterer come to my home?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-19, 12:57 PM
Group Moderator
Hard to say without being there but if it seems to be attached to you then it probably is attached and you would have to at least cut a seam to remove it.

Old 05-22-19, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
If there's no way to remove it without cutting it off, then yes, someone will have to come to you. Does an upholsterer repair leather? You may need to call someone else. Upholsterer's usually recover, not repair.
Any rate, just call and ask them. Best way to find out.

Old 05-22-19, 04:32 PM
Group Moderator
The only repair I have seen to a leather cut or tear is to stitch it closed just like stitches in a human. They use a matching color thread and the stitches are relatively close together. It is visible that a repair was done but doesn't look too bad. It's something you can do yourself with the right color thread and a curved needle.

Once I saw someone that used a leather/vinyl repair kit with the color matched goop and texture imprint. I don't think it looked any better than simple stitches.

Old 05-24-19, 04:07 AM
Sorry, my fault! I do want the cushion re-covered NOT repaired. I am currently looking for a professional that will come to my home. Thanks so much for the replies.