Couch Repair: Possible Lost Cause

Old 06-05-20, 08:17 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Couch Repair: Possible Lost Cause

Hello all!
I've attached a pic of the nice little hole our puppy made for us in our couch. I'm just wondering if there's any hope for repairing it. I'm thinking it's a lost cause but thought I'd give the experts here a shot.
I had thought about recovering the cushions but guess what? They are not detachable - the back cushions are sewn in - cheap (ish) couch I guess. Anyway - thanks for taking a look and any suggestions will be much appreciated!
ScottyB

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-20, 09:26 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 489 Votes on 450 Posts
I would say it's time to have the couch reupholstered. Other than that you can use a slip cover.

Old 06-05-20, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
Received 96 Votes on 76 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!
I agree. That can't be repaired and unless it's an expensive, quality couch, I'd just get a readymade slipcover and cover it up until you can get a new couch.
Having a pro reupholster it will cost as much as a new one. Even if you can do it yourself, the cost of the fabric, and you'll need a lot, will also be quite pricey.

Old 06-05-20, 11:04 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 228 Votes on 203 Posts
I wonder how bad a hillbilly fix [sewing matching material as a patch over the damage] would look ??

Old 06-05-20, 12:01 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hey, thanks for the replies everyone. I thought as much, the slip cover is going to have to be the solution here. I don't think the patch would look very good - would still need a slip cover to cover the patch. Ha ha! The patch idea is kind of what I was hoping for tho. You know how you can work magic with plaster holes - blend it in and paint.

Thanks again!
Scotty

Old 06-05-20, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 96 Votes on 76 Posts
If you could get the exact same fabric and hand stitched it on carefully and neatly, it might be passable, but otherwise it would give a franenstein look, lol.