Slipcovers

Old 05-20-02, 04:36 PM
klutzykate
Visiting Guest
Slipcovers

Does anyone know of an easy pattern to create slipcovers for couches? I"ve been searching, but can't find anything!

Old 05-20-02, 09:48 PM
jczxohn
Visiting Guest
slipcovers

Most good slipcovers are fitted;section by section. This makes it difficult to find a one-size-fits-all pattern because of the many different styles and sizes of sofas.
One company that sells slipcovers over the internet at reasonable prices is
slipcovers.com
Check it out. It may give you an idea or two.

Old 05-29-02, 11:09 PM
emwhite
Visiting Guest
how to make your own slipcovers

try sew sllipcovers.com

Old 05-30-02, 08:51 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Making slipcovers

http://www.upholster.com/howto/making-slipcovers.html

This video shows how to easily make slipcovers with a very finished, upholstered look.
http://www.fabricworkshop.com/video01.htm

Old 06-05-02, 04:52 PM
waterloo
Visiting Guest
slipcovers

Vogue makes a pattern for slipcovers. Its number 1388 and has a good chart for calculating yardage. It's a bit thin on the fine details of the steps but I've found it better than the four books I checked out on making slip covers. - Sharon iin Waterloo, Ontario

Old 06-05-02, 08:32 PM
emwhite
Visiting Guest
Re: how to make your own slipcovers

Originally posted by emwhite
try sew sllipcovers.com

Old 06-05-02, 08:45 PM
emwhite
Visiting Guest
slipcovers

i searched internet a long time before i found web site sew slipcovers. com, there is also a no sew slipcovers.com, i found good info, i am in the process of trying to slipcover my sofa, i bought some pretty material for $l.00 yd@wally world, 15yds was all they had of this print and color, i am not sure that is enough material to cover it entirely but enough to look good, slipcovers when you buy are very expensive. martha stewart suggested using a sheet and fit it to sofa, i have used sheets for a long time, i think slipcover looks better. some of you have e-mailed me but i cannot retrive. sorry..........

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: