Will I ever get done with my deck

Old 05-12-16, 03:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Will I ever get done with my deck

I've spent the last 3 weeks building a deck off of my dining rm and kitchen. Thought I'd be done by now! I know the weather has hampered some and there is no denying that I'm getting old and slow but it seems like every time I get rolling good I have to stop. Spent the last 3 weekends helping my youngest son repair his foundation. Today I was making some progress and my other son called and needed me to come get him with my trailer - someone had dropped scrap steel in the road, he drove thru it and he got 2 flats, 1 tire has 1/8" x 1" steel sticking thru the edge of the tread.

I also have 3 stepsons and a grandson that don't hesitate to call when they need something ...... maybe I should change my phone number

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-16, 04:00 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Have all the people whom you have helped, help you finish the deck.

Old 05-12-16, 04:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Half of them I wouldn't trust working on the deck. I'll get it done, just didn't figure to be this long at it!

Old 05-12-16, 04:08 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Half of them I wouldn't trust working on the deck.
Hire the other half.

Old 05-12-16, 06:24 PM
Feel your pain some times I wish I was the other 1/2 you you would not call on to build the deck
It's been raining here for 2 weeks so I was way behind on getting things done that I get paid to do.
I had to come home to lend someone a sawsall to cut up a hot tub.
Then come home again to lend someone a my table saw.
Then I get two calls to go to accidents.
Oh well there's always tomorrow.

Old 05-12-16, 09:35 PM
I know what you mean too we still haven't sold our rental house and part of it is Pepco our power company dragging their feet and part the weather as they need to connect to our meter box. The other part me dragging my feet a bit on a big table project that needs cutting and then not being able to continue because of a reaction to my medicine now I am off of it and better. I have other projects too besides that table that needs to be repaired and painted and I need to catch up but there always seems to be something slowing me down.

Old 05-13-16, 06:19 AM
Group Moderator
A buddy of mine decided his girlfriends house needed a better deck so he took on the project himself. He labeled the folder he created for pictures on his computer as "Deck Project, 2013." Only problem was it was 2015 by the time he finished

Old 05-13-16, 06:45 AM
Admin Emeritus

Mark.
Change the phone number???

:NO NO NO:...:NO NO NO:...:NO NO NO:

The secret is to know each of their strengths and weaknesses. Then assign job duties accordingly. While you oversee and supervise the project. During which time you can also have a seat nearby watching the activity and occasionally downing a tall cool one......