Typical federal government over reach

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-16, 02:20 PM
Typical federal government over reach

I've been following this for a couple of years. The EPA was threatening to fine a small time rancher 37K per day because he built a stock pond that the Washington bureaucrats didn't like. He got the necessary permits from the state but the EPA decided he needed Fed approval. Their solution - tear it down or we'll fine you millions.

The only thing different is that in this case the citizen came out on top. LINK

I have a relative who was a DOI bureaucrat before she retired. A PHD in chemistry and environmental sciences, she is one of the nicest people you could ever meet - except when it came to protecting the environment - as she saw it. Then she turned into an idiot. We discussed this case at length. She saw nothing wrong with the federal government essentially destroying a family simply because the guy didn't jump through some federal hoops that did not apply in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-16, 04:29 PM
This doesn't really surprise me it seems like the whole federal government is practicing overreach no matter what the issue is. Keeping on topic though it wasn't very long ago that the EPA actually caused damage to a lake. I can't remember where but it was close to a mine and one of the fools at the EPA opened a valve that they were told not to open, by the mine owners and now the lake is polluted. Typical idiots we have working for the federal government with the EPA just being one of the agencies that will need a complete overhaul.

Old 05-15-16, 03:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
the EPA just being one of the agencies that will need a complete overhaul.
That could be said about just every part of our modern day gov't!

Old 05-15-16, 03:50 AM
That could be said about just every part of our modern day gov't!
The list unfortunately marksr just keeps going on and on whoever gets the white house will have to do some major changes to government before they can even touch the budget.

Old 05-15-16, 04:08 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Speaking of Federal overreach, if I see a man enter a bathroom occupied by my grand daughter, I WILL be on the 11 o'clock news long before his condition is upgraded to stable. You have to remember any time the president (lower case intended) issues decrees, he is acting like a king. We don't need decrees, and we don't need a king.

Old 05-15-16, 05:12 AM
Larry I agree but the issue is just now starting to surface. The uber liberal Justice Department is using Title 9 to advance the alphabet soup agenda.

Title IX states that: No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

What really sucks is that the current transgender bathroom fiasco is not written as part of the law (which is over 40 years old and well intentioned) but it is the result of an the guidelines in this paragraph by the administration's uber liberal department of education.

In 2014, guidelines were issued by the U.S. Department of Education stating that transgender students are protected from sex-based discrimination under Title IX, and instructing public schools to treat transgender students consistent with their gender identity in single-sex classes, so that a student who identifies as a transgender boy is allowed entry to a boys-only class, and a student who identifies as a transgender girl is allowed entry to a girls-only class.[40] The memo states in part that "[a]ll students, including transgender students and students who do not conform to sex stereotypes, are protected from sex-based discrimination under Title IX. Under Title IX, a recipient generally must treat transgender students consistent with their gender identity in all aspects of the planning, implementation, enrollment, operation, and evaluation of single-sex classes."[40]

How long before a biological male student demands to be able to use female locker room and showers because they self identify as female - albeit with a *****? And then there are the implications in sports, particularly women's sports. Some 6'4" transgender that was a guy a couple of days ago now says tha he's a girl at heart and demands to be allowed to play on the girl's softball team.

Unfortunately, the demands of the LBGTA people will be met because of political correctness and because the rest of us are sheep.

Old 05-15-16, 05:21 AM
Group Moderator
If you think the Justice Department is uber liberal, just wait to see how far left the SCOTUS could go after November. Scary.

Old 05-15-16, 05:53 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Since transgenders comprise less than 1% of the population, it would be easier to accommodate them with a third bathroom...one holer....for their use. They can even change clothes in there. Leave the other kids to the safety and security of having their own bathrooms like they have forever. Being politically correct is an oxymoron. You can be political or you can be correct, but not both.

Closed Thread