What a day I'm having

Old 07-18-16, 03:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What a day I'm having

Got up this morning and noticed one of the pieces of angle iron I measured off of to set the toe on my truck was warped ..... so I found two that were straight and reset the toe. Some how when I closed a drawer on my tool box it grabbed a bondo file in the drawer below and threw it behind the drawer. For the life of me I couldn't figure how to release the drawer guide. All 3 boxes are craftsman but the middle box is only 15 yrs old and the guides are different. My son came up this afternoon and couldn't figure it out either but was somehow able to snag the file and pull it out

Friday I got a passed due bill for a bill that I had paid 3 months ago. They electronically cashed my check so there is no cancelled check, just a line on my bank statement showing it was paid. Billing told me that was not acceptable and I had to show a cancelled check showing who/where it was cashed. So I went to the bank and they told me what I already knew - no way to access the back of a destroyed check but they did provide me with some numbers showing how/where the payment was made. Called them back and they said they needed none of that and my account would credited and I'd get a statement in the next 10 days showing nothing owed. Why couldn't they do that the first time I called

My wife dropped her cellphone and it came completely apart [as in broken] She has straight talk, I used to have them along with the exact same phone so I said we'd just switch her account over to my old phone - 45 minutes with customer service just to do that!!

Went over to my stepson's to trim some bushes and weedeat. Somehow I got into poison ivy are we having fun yet?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-16, 03:20 PM
Group Moderator
There are times when you should just go to bed and stay there for awhile... but remember first have a friend pull the mattress on to the floor*. Beds have been known to collapse.

*And don't pull the mattress off yourself. You could throw your back out.

Old 07-18-16, 03:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
.... and it continues one of my stepsons just called and said his jeep is running rough and stalls when he puts it in gear. I tuned it up and replaced the computer back in december so I'm not sure what the issue is. I told him a few things to check and if that doesn't work - guess what I'll be doing tomorrow

Old 07-18-16, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Yay... I had fun in the monsson camping this weekend..

http://vid1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee391/lawrosa/Camper/IMG_13231_zpsh0yv9mdf.mp4
My wife dropped her cellphone and it came completely apart [as in broken] She has straight talk, I used to have them along with the exact same phone so I said we'd just switch her account over to my old phone - 45 minutes with customer service just to do that!!
MY wife and I have ST.. I never call and can switch phones on line very easy... She just got an i phone 5 s 149$ walmart..

oh and an otter box defender case... CaT break the phone period.. even when dropped from a building...

Please ... I have more crap about my life to add on if needed... If I didnt have bad luck id have no luck at all.......

Old 07-18-16, 04:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Well, luckily I had just the opposite day. Wanted to surprise wifey with a new phone, so looked at the Iphone 5s. I must have had that lost look on my face. The clerk let me know the 5s retailed for $400, which was way out of my pocket range. BUT, we can bundle your DirecTV and AT&T, sell you the phone for $13 a month, decreasing your AT&T bill from $40 to $25, and reducing your DirecTV bill from $96 to $63. Not sure what happened, here, but wifey is happy, so the world must still be on axis.

Old 07-18-16, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator
Not sure what happened, here, but wifey is happy, so the world must still be on axis.

Nope... happy wife , happy life Larry!!!!.... Ive been in the dog house enough to know this #1 rule...

Old 07-18-16, 05:24 PM
Went over to my stepson's to trim some bushes and weedeat. Somehow I got into poison ivy
This is the scary part if it were me.

Old 07-19-16, 02:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I get into poison ivy more weeks than not but as long as I know it and wash up within 20 minutes or so it isn't a problem. It's like yesterday were I didn't see it when it becomes a problem

My wife's phone jumps out of her hand on occasion, she christened my old phone shortly after it got turned on ..... but I'm not going to fuss at her as mine falls out of my shirt pocket on a regular basis.

Old 07-19-16, 04:45 AM
What is it with the new phones? Without a rubber case they feel like a freshly caught bass.

Old 07-19-16, 03:50 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Today wasn't much better I failed at finding a simple fix for my stepson's jeep and wound up trailering it to my house/shop.

Wife wanted to stop at a Japanese restaurant after we picked her son up. Almost done eating and she decides to call our oldest 2 sons and see if they wanted take out ..... and then she got mad at me because I paid for it and wouldn't take the last of her cash

For the 2nd time in a row her fortune cookie didn't have any paper in it, I tried to tell her that must mean she has no future Mine said remember this date because 3 months from now things will be better - does that mean I have 3 more months of having to fix stuff

Old 07-19-16, 05:28 PM
Oh, as an addendum to my post, DirecTV is set up to deliver and install 4 DVR's in the house at no charge, upgrading my system to HD. Sorry to gloat, Mark.

Old 07-20-16, 03:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I used to have DIRECTV and really liked it. I'd probably still have it but our local POCO went into the media business and offered me high speed internet, cable and phone service for $10 a month less than what I was paying for satellite, phone company and dial up. The cable isn't near as good but I sure like the faster internet! The local cable company won't service me because I'm too far off of the road. After 20+ yrs they finally quit sending me advertisements

Old 07-20-16, 07:32 AM
and then she got mad at me because I paid for it and wouldn't take the last of her cash

For the 2nd time in a row her fortune cookie didn't have any paper in it, I tried to tell her that must mean she has no future

Old 07-20-16, 04:56 PM
After 20+ yrs they finally quit sending me advertisements.
I sure wish that Comcrap would stop sending me advertising. At least once a week, sometimes twice in a single week I will receive a letter from them telling me how much I am missing. I called once, demanding that they remove my name and address from their mailing list and was assured they would. Now I get mail that has a name horribly corrupted from my real name along with "or current resident" appended.

I'd mark it "Return to Sender" but I was told by a letter carrier once that this is considered "Standard" (opposed to First Class) mail and the regulations state that when it is returned it is simply dumped by the USPS, not actually returned to the sender with postage due.