Gas reciepts...ticks me off

Old 08-12-16, 06:25 PM
Gas reciepts...ticks me off

Not technically an auto question but...

I keep meticulous mileage and gas purchases for my cars. At every gas station I ever purchased gas the receipt always shows the cost per gal, and total gallons. I usually buy my gas at Delta Sonic (available in Western New York, Northwestern PA., and Illinois) and always have complete information on the receipt. Not so tonight. Without looking at the receipt I go home to record the info and no price per gal or total gallons purchased. Just the total price. Tax is inclusive with the sale price of the gas in NY. Sure I figured out the cost per gal and the total gallons purchased.

But that just don't seem right. I need to find another filling hole.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-16, 06:37 PM
It isn't like it's saving them anything by not including that information. My big gripe with receipts is the disappearing print. Dig out a receipt that is 6 months old and there may be nothing on it.

Bud

Old 08-12-16, 06:59 PM
That's why I scan and save all types of receipts and manuals. A bit OCD perhaps, but it takes no space and just a little bit of time, since I'm on the computer anyway.

Old 08-12-16, 07:03 PM
Group Moderator
It's also aggrivating when you push "yes" I want a receipt, then at the end it's out of paper and says "please ask attendant", then they look at you like your asking them for a loan.

Old 08-13-16, 02:46 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've never had any attitude from the clerk whenever I've had to go inside to get my receipt but I don't like it when I have to stand in line just to get the receipt. I don't recall ever getting a receipt that didn't include the gallons bought or price per gallon.

I don't think any receipts weather well but what really gets me is when you get a fresh receipt that the ink is so light you have to struggle to read it. Wonder what would happen if the IRS audited you and your box of receipts was filled with mostly blank slips of paper

Old 08-13-16, 05:30 AM
It's also aggrivating when you push "yes" I want a receipt, then at the end it's out of paper and says "please ask attendant", then they look at you like your asking them for a loan.
I remember when I had a herniated disc and could hardly walk from pump to store. As I limped my way up to the counter to get my receipt the clerks looked at me like they were the one's in pain and I should be more patient because I looked grumpy.

Old 08-13-16, 05:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I used to have a neighbor that was crippled. He was always in a wheel chair while he was married but after he divorced he lost weight and was able to somewhat walk. One day I saw him at a gas station where he was attempting to walk in the store to pay when the clerk came out and met him and took care of the transaction right there in the parking lot

I have several herniated discs lower back and neck. Never heard of the sciatic nerve until they told me mine was pinched. Makes me limp more times than not but after awhile you get used to it.

Old 08-13-16, 06:24 AM
1st world problem.

If you gas up at that outlet again just have a pen and write the particulars on the receipt.

Don't become your Avatar -
this is such a minor hiccup that it almost fails to register on the irritation scale.

I try NOT to suffer needlessly in my old age any more than necessary .

Have a great day !!

Old 08-13-16, 06:33 AM
I have several herniated discs lower back and neck. Never heard of the sciatic nerve until they told me mine was pinched. Makes me limp more times than not but after awhile you get used to it.
You never get use to the pain of a sciatica due to a herniated disc. The pain is excruciating. Wish I were dead when I had my last two back problems. But each individual reacts differently with back problems. My only comfortable non-pain position was bicycle riding.

1st world problem.

If you gas up at that outlet again just have a pen and write the particulars on the receipt.

Don't become your Avatar -
this is such a minor hiccup that it almost fails to register on the irritation scale.
Too late for me. But yes I use to write it all down. But then I got use to it being printed.
1st world problems is a good term. Now days whenever my routine is disrupted I go crazy for the first few minutes. Then I calm down and figure its the new routine.

Old 08-13-16, 02:53 PM
I keep meticulous mileage and gas purchases for my cars.

Why? I always push NO when the pump asks if I want a receipt. I never keep receipts for any routine purchase unless it's something I might want to return. I do copy the receipts I want to keep since they usually fade.

Old 08-13-16, 05:59 PM
CW... I like tracking my mileage and keeping a history of the cars mileage, cost of operation and repair history. Even though I can't do anything about it, I just like doing it. An OCD thing?

For instance here is a snapshot of my Ford Focus.

I know it cost me on the average 9 cents a mile in terms of gas to operate that car and I can meet or often exceed the EPA rating for city driving but can't quite get to the EPA rating for highway or combined mileage.