what a day

Old 08-23-16, 02:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
what a day

We had a heavy dew this morning and working in the yard got my socks wet so after awhile I took my boots of and set them in the sun to dry and continued bare foot. Didn't go 10' and I stepped on a bee/wasp While I often limp on the left side - now I limp on the right with a swollen foot

I have a bldg near the road that should of had the roof painted a couple of yrs ago. I bought the paint last fall but just now got around to painting it Looked in the closet for my old paint covered work boots but couldn't find them. Wife said she threw them away since I got new boots awhile back

Last year I had trimmed the trees and cleaned off the roof but I was surprised how much had grown back. The roof was covered with leaves with some wetness under some of them. I was thinking I should have had Tim the tool man Taylor soup up my leaf blower

I forgot to get a pair of those cheap cotton [?] gloves and didn't feel like wearing leather ones - anyone that's worked with asphalt fibered aluminum coating knows that was a mistake!

But my work for the day is done .... except for unloading my truck and putting stuff away. Man am I tired! Who was it said retirement was easy and laid back

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-16, 03:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeah, there's so much stuff that need doing around here, I dread closing the company up and being forced to do them I have set a tentative date for full pull-the-pin retirement. My truck has 472,000 miles on it. When it reaches half a million, I think I'll retire and start doing my work around this place. Maybe in a couple of years.

Old 08-23-16, 03:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Are you driving the car some just so you won't put extra miles on the truck

Old 08-24-16, 03:47 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Eagerly awaiting 500,000 on the truck. Sort of like a badge of honor. I have the Grand Cherokee that I drive to band practice (working audio) on Wednesday nights and to church on Sundays when wifey plays hooky, and that's about it. Thinking of selling it and buying a smaller 4wd pickup for when Big Bird crosses the line.