No good deed goes unpunished

Old 08-28-16, 06:12 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

Recently joined a bicycle group. Partly sponsored by a local bicycle shop known for their great work and service. Because they sponsor the ride I decided that a repair job that I would normally do myself should go to the shop as a sign of thanks and save me a bit of time.

Picked up bike last Tuesday and did nothing but put in van. Did not try it or look it over. Today I finally had the time to take a ride late in the afternoon. Maybe long enough to use my new headlight I just bought.

To my dismay, the light is missing and the chain is off the sprocket! Both problems are no big deal and I can fix them in less than 10 minutes. But hey, it's Sunday night and I can't even call them to ask if they have the light. I'm sure it just fell off as they were replacing a brake cable and did not even notice it. But did they even try to run the bike and test the brake? Apparently not!

What bugs me is I just bought the light and haven't as yet used it. And it's required by the bike club I joined . So I guess Monday's ride is a no show for me.

I called and left a message, but I doubt they will respond.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-16, 03:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
That's one of the main reasons I diy! There are so many folks out there that don't really care if they do the job right or not and the ones that do care, if there is any miscommunication .......