Easy Opening Packaging

Old 08-30-16, 04:09 AM
Admin Emeritus
Easy Opening Packaging

Subject Easy Opening Packaging.

Or maybe subject should be titled not so easy opening packages???...

In reference to but not limited to lunch meats, pre packaged lettuces and cheeses etc. Food items found in deli & produce sections of your market.

Preferred method is to bend easy opening package along the preferred top. Intent is to weaken the perforation's before attempting to zip open. Usually works fine with most packages but not all.

Possible to or possible not to zip open in a straight line on most packages. Guess some manufactures test before mass producing them while to many others may not... Some packages one still need a scissors to cut along the top. Bummer!

Next comes the real difficulty IMO. The flaps have extremely small edges or might call them flaps or lips! Those whom have large or might I say Manly adult and not petite fingers usually encounter huge difficulties grabbing the flaps or lips ends to tear package open... Hate when this happens too!...

Same difficulties may apply to easy or not so easy to open food jar tops. And Or medicine bottles with child proof caps.

BTW#1:
Glad I created and opened this new forum topic. Which is working out well.
Still in testing stages but very likely to remain.

>And: Much easier to open a new forum than many packages...:HF2:

BTW#2
Some easy open packages need tools to open them!

Light Duty Drill

Heavy Duty Drill

New smilies Added for those whom like and use them. Also easier to create, barrow, steal or open then some food packages. LOL!

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 09-12-16 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Error Corrections & Updates
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-16, 04:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sometimes I think the best way to open a child proof med bottle is to get a child to do it
I bought a pack of utility knife blades awhile back and happened to notice on the label it said to put on leather gloves prior to opening the package - how can you open the package if you are wearing gloves

Old 08-30-16, 05:16 AM
Might be 1st world problems, but it sure would ease tensions if packages opened the way they should.

The one that drives me nuts the most are the food packages and cereal and snack packages. I don't even try opening a bag of chips by pulling the sides. I automatically use a scissors.

You mentioned scissors? Cool...
Gave me an idea. Add scissors...

Scissors Added...

Then of course the opposite situation arises. At our store we have many bubble wrapped products that the glue dries out or not enough is used and the bubble drops off the cardboard. Product looks like it was opened . No amount of taping or repair will make it look new again and parts might be missing. Who's going to buy it?

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 08-30-16 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Added Smiley
Old 08-30-16, 02:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
how can you open the package if you are wearing gloves
This is Catch 22, as you probably need the razor blades to open the razor blade package. I hate door knob kits.. Why is there such secure packaging out there today. Cereal now requires scissors or a knife to open rather than just pulling it apart. I agree with Tom, cheese packages zip right open, but the flaps left are so small only a child could get their fingers in there.

Old 08-30-16, 02:47 PM
You mentioned scissors? Cool...
Gave me an idea. Add scissors...

Scissors Added...

LOL._________________________________________________________

Old 08-30-16, 07:21 PM
Did someone mention easy open packaging? What easy opening packaging, I think the thing that gets me most frustrated is pills you need to take but they are in those blister packs. The worst are prescription drugs some I have taken and some my mom has taken. One medication had been in a blister pack and finally was put in a pill bottle and the other had been in a bottle but the pharmacy supplier put them in blister packs. The only thing you can use is a pair of scissors to open the packaging.

I will give one company credit not in the way of advertising and that is Amazon.com for their pledge to have easy opening packaging for the things they sell. At the same time you can have too easy an opening package like those prescription pill bottles for instance that don't want to stay tightly closed. So far I haven't spilled any pills on the floor as a result of poor packaging but I am just waiting for it to happen.

Old 09-02-16, 05:11 AM
Admin Emeritus

I agree hedgeclippers... with Amazon having easier opening packaging.

In so far as pill bottles, some are far more difficult to open then might need be. However, there is one company (OptumRx) that uses dual sided (2 sided) caps. One side is standard easy to open non child proof while the other side is the child (Adult?) proof. User decides which side to used based upon their individual circumstance. IMO as it should be.

Adults need to take responsibility to ensure their children cannot access any and all pill bottles. Same applies to those washing machines & dishwasher candy looking soaps. Don't blame nor sue the manufacturer for adults irresponsibility leaving such items in places where small child can get to them...

Same applies to so many other consumer products. Safety to consumer from unknowingly faulty built or designed products is a good thing. But an excessive safety on some products to compensate for an adults irresponsibility, neglect or plain stupidity makes some products difficult to use and more costly products for us all...

Excuse me now. Early morning meeting at the shop.

Have to return to being more productive and highly proficient...

Old 11-08-16, 06:31 AM
Admin Emeritus

It's no secret. I like multi millions of others, am a huge coffee drinker. Coffee goes very well with breakfast too... Just follow the sign to eat well

Can drink an entire pot all by myself... Usually buy the largest size tubs with easy opening lids. However, as a flavor change, often buy the 12 ounce packages.

Opening the package. There's where the problem begins! The flaps are large enough for manly thumbs to grasp but the adhesive (glue) is almost dam near impossible to easily allow separation of the flaps... The glue (adhesive) might be of food grade adhesive but it surely is some mighty Tough stuff!...

Some brands and or packages the adhesive so tuff (Tough) causes high level of shear frustration one resorts to using a to cut the dam package open!!!

Another is packaged cookies! No allowance for easy opening. One has to use a scissors. Now you're left with a non reseal able package... Intent here must be to encourage the eating of the entire package contents in one sitting???

Cookies and milk go together rather well. LOL!

Wait a minute. Say What? Oh No. You got no Terrible!

Then make it Coffee with a side of Cookies!

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 11-08-16 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-12-16, 07:32 AM
Admin Emeritus

Had another challenge this morning fighting and struggling opening a package of coffee... Dam adhesive is so strong had to resort to using one of these.

Once package was cut opened, the aroma filled the nearby air. Great smell of fresh ground coffee. Suddenly thought came to mind. What if there was an aerosol kitchen air freshener with the same fragrance? Or maybe an Air Wick or some other non aerosol device coffee aroma kitchen air fragrance?

Sadly another thought came to mind......Not such a brilliant idea......Reason. Limited location usage. Where an air freshener is most commonly used. Alternative may be putting some fresh grounds onto a small plate?

Suggestions and or ideas welcomed.

Excuse me now. Pots waiting......

Time for a coffee refill......

Old 11-12-16, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator
These 3 should probably be removed.. Just my opinion though..

rogram:

:repostit:

:bad poster: