Ads making screen jump

Old 11-04-16, 06:21 AM
Group Moderator
Ads making screen jump

Im usually accessing the forums from either my phone or a tablet. (both android) And I don't usually find the ads annoying, I just ignore them. However, lately- the page has been loading, I go to click on a thread, and before it registers where I have clicked, a banner on top of the screen will open up and push everything down about 2 or 3 rows... and then it thinks I clicked on something 2-3 rows higher because it is now 2-3 rows lower!

What a freaking pain! it's always the top ad on the screen that makes everything jump down.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-16, 06:29 AM
Yea, I know what you mean. That's why I seldom use my phone or tablet to view this forum or most other things. I think there are apps that may stop this (Ad-Block type apps) but I never investigated. I do use CM cleaner on my phone. Not sure if it helps or hinders performance.

Old 11-04-16, 11:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't know if it's related but for the last several days when I first log in, the page loads, then blinks after which everything is normal. I thought it was an issue with my old pc - now I'm not so sure.

Between enlarging the screen so just the written forum shows and ad block plus - I never see the ads

Old 11-04-16, 11:44 AM
This forum is the reason that I now use AdBlocker plus. I got tired of the pages jumping while ads were loading. I understand why ads are necessary and I have no problem with them on the page but when the loading process is so clumsy that they go well beyond annoying something needs to be done.

Old 11-04-16, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
The page loads and then blinks with me, too. It's been a few weeks for me. At first I thought it was my IPad, but it does the same thing in my computer. Must be something to do with this site. It's not just you.

Old 11-04-16, 11:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It may have been weeks with me - sometimes I loose track of time
It has been more than a day or two Likewise this site is the only place my pc does that.

Old 11-04-16, 11:51 AM
Group Moderator
I'm sure its something to do with the coding of the page and how the ads are inserted. I'm sure someone who knows web pages could fix it if they wanted to.

Old 11-04-16, 12:00 PM
Comment on Ads...I have to agree with CW on this. Ads are needed but not to the point that every comment solicits a an ad. So much so that some of the pop-ups have no bearing on the subject natter or their posted response.

Old 11-04-16, 12:05 PM
Group Moderator
It has been blanking for me also in Seamonkey for a couple of weeks. It doesn't in Chrome and Opera. Seamonkey is closely related to Firefox. Is it the Firefox browser you are seeing it in?

Old 11-04-16, 12:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Firefox is what I use along with Win10

Old 11-05-16, 08:31 AM
The ads seem to have priority on the site now. They interrupt my viewing of posts such that I have to page back to get rid of the ad or exit DIY all together and then reenter. I have tried opening DIY from Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer but it makes no difference. This ad problem started about 2 weeks ago so I think something at the DIY site has changed. How do we get them to look at this?

Old 11-05-16, 08:39 AM
I use adbloker plus with Firefox and do not have any problems.