Right hand to Left handed mouse

Old 11-13-16, 08:30 AM
Right hand to Left handed mouse

It really bugs me.

Because it appears I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrome (My right thumb has shooting pains when flexed in certain positions) I decided to switch my mouse from right to left hand use. It's been about a week now and my right thumb is getting better. But using the mouse is driving me nuts!

I was bad enough with typing and mouse moving with the right hand but reversing years of habit is very trying.

Although most of my post are alright (with a few typos), I usually need to re-type and correct almost 50% before posting. It takes twice as long to make a reply.

Plus the fact that I think twice as fast as I can hunt and peck the keyboard, typos abound.

I want a 'puter that types as I think out the words.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-16, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I had CT surgery on both wrists (one at a time) years back, while I was still working. Since pretty much my whole day at the time was spent working on my laptop, it was a challenge to manage with each wrist bandaged in turn. I could operate the mouse with the bandaged hand, but it was so awkward I ended up switching hands as you have. I really appreciated spell check.

BTW, if you're not wearing wrist splints (the kind with metal inserts) at night, you may want to try them. I find they help a lot. And if you need surgery, don't put it off. I waited too long to the point where I had some nerve damage that will never improve. The surgery was really no big deal; wish I hadn't waited so long.

Old 11-13-16, 10:58 AM
Although most of my post are alright (with a few typos), I usually need to re-type and correct almost 50% before posting. It takes twice as long to make a reply.
Welcome to my world! o[kj-[eoaj-[gkpAL]WE[

Search this Thread