Is this what we've sunk to?

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-16, 05:10 AM
Group Moderator
Is this what we've sunk to?

Heard this on the radio news this morning. Apparently VP-Elect Mike Pence went to a performance of "Hamilton" on Broadway. Near as I can tell, that's a hip-hop-themed bio of Alexander Hamilton.

He was booed by the audience sufficiently for the show to be stopped and then lectured, personally, by the cast members???. Really???

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-16, 05:16 AM
Really. That's called freedom of speech. Not what I would have done, but that's OK. I see it as no different from what you did by posting your comment here. Any reason you should be able to make your thoughts known but others can't? BTW, do you also think booing someone for sitting during the national anthem was wrong or is it just those you disagree with?

Old 11-19-16, 05:26 AM
Will the Theater give a full refund to the other members of the Audience ?

Old 11-19-16, 05:32 AM
Group Moderator
Old 11-19-16, 05:41 AM
I want to see those who criticized the booing react to this - booing the President during 9/11 speech (and while standing to honor the flag):

NFL fans boo during presidents’ 9/11 tribute | New York Post

Now that's a disgrace. By comparison booing Mike Pence was nothing.

Old 11-19-16, 11:00 AM
Group Moderator
There's a time and a place for everything and IMHO, that wasn't it. How about picketing OUTSIDE the theater?

My posting an opinion here does not AFAIK infringe on anyone else's time and money. The people who paid the big bucks to attend the play and were not interested in seeing a political rant should not have had to. When I go to a play or concert I go for the performance and to ESCAPE some of the ugly stuff going on, not to be reminded of it.

I frankly could care less about people who prefer not to stand for the Anthem. I spent a lot of years in uniform defending their right to do as they please. I don't watch pro sports other than baseball, so I'm not up on the booing of the President. Again, a time and place for everything and that wasn't it. Had I been in the crowd, I would have been appalled.

My last word on the subject, and I would have been equally appalled had it been Ms. Clinton being chastised, not that that would ever happen in New York. Any pretext of civility is apparently going to take a four year hiatus.

Enough on the subject.

Closed Thread