parking

Old 12-16-16, 12:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
parking

My wife's been in the hospital all week but got to come home today. Our local hospital was built 25 yrs ago and has had one or more remodeling projects every year since. There is a large parking lot but it does get filled. This morning I drove around for 15 minutes before I was able to park .... and then had to walk a quarter mile to the bldg They have a guy with a golf cart to shuttle you back and forth but usually he's at the other end of the parking lot [no matter which end you are at]

With all the money they spend [and charge] you'd think they'd erect a parking garage both for more parking and so you wouldn't have to park so far away from the bldg!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-16, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
I don't know of any hospitals (at least around here) that have enough parking nearby!

Old 12-16-16, 01:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It's not just hospitals, either. Our local college has new buildings go up every year, and enrollment is on the rise. The best they do is scrape ground and dump gravel and call it a day for parking. I know it is expensive, but a multi level parking deck on one of these scraped lots would alleviate ground clutter and help the students find parking. Most of them park on Monday and leave on Friday, but parking is still at a premium.

Old 12-16-16, 02:30 PM
Group Moderator
Hospital nearest my parent's house put up a ramp and charges for parking

Old 12-16-16, 03:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
On the opposite note, Emory Hospital in Atlanta has valet parking and validates parking if you are having a procedure or have a consultation with a doctor on premises. Nice.

Old 12-17-16, 04:25 AM
Over the last 20 years our hospital has added two large lots and a parking garage. It is still hard to find parking.

Old 12-17-16, 05:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
And the thing is probably half of the folks parking at the hospital have more things on their mind than having to hunt a place to park! If our hospital was to expand parking further out they'd need to erect a rest stop along the way I'm not overly fond of parking garages but at least it would keep you closer to the hospital.

Old 12-17-16, 05:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
We have a VA clinic and hospital about equal distance from me. Either one you will want to be there at lease 1 to 2 hours before appointment. I have driven around parking garage 45 minutes before a space opened. Last time I took a person to there car to get there space.