Speaking of customer service . . . .

Old 01-18-17, 02:00 PM
Speaking of customer service . . . .

I purchased a pedometer on Amazon. I set it up and used it for a few days. Unfortunately, it seemed to reset my steps mid day. I contacted the seller (they had sent me an e-mail soliciting a favorable review) asking why. Here's the response . . .

In the case of a pedometer time setting accurate, 0 point count to zero, in the morning every day for more than 3 minutes Screen automatically closed. After restart, the starting 11 steps continue to count
Set the target number, after a day's count is not cumulative, because every morning to zero. The product just record the amount of meter with 24 hours. Can query the day before starting the next day count.
We would like you to recheck with you for some questions to make sure your operation is correct
A. reset steps to zero:
1. If you press “ UP “ key for 2 seconds ? it will be reset “ step “ to be zero. It will be cleared the data of steps, distance, and calories burned in the day.
2. All the data of steps, distance, calories burned will be reset to be zero at 24:00 (or AM12:00 ) every day. Meanwhile, it will be memorized the data. The next day will be started from 0 steps to accumulate the date of steps/distance/calories burned for the whole day. If you set your current time according to your local time ? If you don’t set current time, then it will be only reset to be zero at wrong time by wrong operation.
3. Auto LCD power off function: No steps counting or no operation is carried out for three minutes, LCD will be turned off automatically. LCD automatically displays when there is a key operation or steps action. The data will be keep last steps which you walked. For example, If steps was displayed “45 “ steps before auto LCD power off, it will be displayed 45 steps the LCD re-auto power on by any operation.
However, it will not be reset zero when inactive time (no operation ) during the day except pressing UP for 2 second or at AM 12:00.

Fortunately, I was able to figure it out on my own.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-17, 02:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
So, how far did you walk yesterday?

Old 01-19-17, 09:21 AM
I set a goal of 6000 steps daily. I walk one mile each morning and the rest is normal movement. I'm trying to work up to the 2 miles a day walk I was doing before I got sick.

Old 01-20-17, 02:55 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I knew some old timers who would walk, on the boardwalk. Their goal was 8 light poles. One day I asked them, how many light poles did you walk today? One of them said, "they were going by so fast I couldn't count them."